“Loved It- Great GF”

Pips Place - The Gluten Free Cakery
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We went there this weekend I had seen their menu online and was excited to try everything. Surprisingly their best seller I did not like that much but the Apple Carmel tart/pie/crumble was to die for. I want more of it. the cookies were perfect and looked real. My son also liked them. I think this ranks over Tu-Lu's in the village. We still Love Tu-Lu's but we are on the upper west side so this is easier.

There are newer reviews for Pips Place - The Gluten Free Cakery

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Pips is hands down the yummiest, most amazing, cleanest GF bakery that I have found to date. The fact that it is Certified GF makes it a dream come true! Thank you, Pips for getting it so right!

The cupcakes and bread are my favorite but my husband loves the rice krispie treats.

The only thing that would make this better is if they started making pizza. Pips Pizza? Has a nice ring to it! Oh and pls sort out your delivery. It would be so great to be able to send your treats to my GF friends who don't live in NYC....

Lastly: please put in a bathroom in your new place!

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

It is one thing to accommodate a Gluten Free diet but its a whole new level to cater to it. We stumbled upon PIP's new store at 39th and Lex, what a treat. The GF muffins and cookies were outstanding. The store is clean and bright and the staff could not have been more friendly. A treasure for anyone on a GF diet, with a daughter living in Murray Hill we will visit PIPs as often as we visit her.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Stopped by for cake after a nice dinner. Ended up with 2 cakes and a bunch of cookies. I'm not a gluten free type but you'd never know there was no gluten. You do know that there is a lot of butter however - that's why it's so good.

1  Thank Mike P
Reviewed June 28, 2013

What a pleasant surprise to see Pips across the street from my hotel and an even more pleasant surprise when I stepped inside!
We were greeted warmly as soon as we walked in and the service was wonderful. The variety of baked goods was exceptional and the prices were very affordable by 'gluten free standards'. There were also delicious free samples on the counter! I chose the ginger cookies and they were delicious! The next morning I tried a breakfast square with spinach and feta and it was fantastic. I always bring some gluten free foods when I travel but thanks to Pips, I brought them back home (along with some wonderful ginger cookies).......Gluten free or not - pay a visit to Pips, you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank tee1104