“Delightful and Delicious!!”

Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Franklin, Massachusetts
“Delightful and Delicious!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

What a pleasant surprise to see Pips across the street from my hotel and an even more pleasant surprise when I stepped inside!
We were greeted warmly as soon as we walked in and the service was wonderful. The variety of baked goods was exceptional and the prices were very affordable by 'gluten free standards'. There were also delicious free samples on the counter! I chose the ginger cookies and they were delicious! The next morning I tried a breakfast square with spinach and feta and it was fantastic. I always bring some gluten free foods when I travel but thanks to Pips, I brought them back home (along with some wonderful ginger cookies).......Gluten free or not - pay a visit to Pips, you won't be disappointed!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank tee1104

New York City, New York
“A gem for those who need gluten free goods in the city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

While I don't necessarily need to eat gluten free (although I've decided to), the little one does. We're fortunate enough to have a great gluten-free and dairy-free bakery by our house however, when we're in the city it kind of makes life hard and expensive that all we can eat are macarons. Yeah I know I have really sad problems. Anyway my rambling brings me to Pip's. Amazing! Let's start with how sweet the owner is because for owning a good business on the UES she certainly could be rude if she felt like it (the environment does call for it after all) however she goes in the opposite direction and takes an interest in her customers and is incredibly pleasant. She also reminds you that you can freeze everything and just wrap it really well and she was right and I was so grateful all week. On to the food.

The fairy cake is so good it's sick. I seriously could have eaten one every day for a week probably and not been tired of it. The little one devoured that with me and the almond apricot mini bundt cake. Cookies? YES! Fresh out of the oven too. A caramel and chocolate covered cookie bar? The nanaimo (still not 100% sure what it is) is addictive and super sweet. The banana chocolate chip muffins and banana cakes with chocolate frosting are a dream and definitely addictive. My greatest joy however was the gluten free mini apple pie. Seriously wow. This has been hardest for my brother to go gluten free as he is a huge pie fan and those are not necessarily easy to find. We devoured them in minutes. Yes, I got the tummy ache blues and I was happy and so did the little one. This blows that place in the village out of the water any day. Soooooo happy and it gets 5 stars for sure!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Mrs A
San Antonio, Texas
“Gluten Free Baked Goods that taste like heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Pips Place is a tiny little place on 1st Ave. up near 90th st. There is a coffee bar where you can savor you favorite pastry and a cappuccino, but most customers prefer to take out these delights even if they eat them straight out of the bag as they are walking down the Avenue. If there is something you really want, it is best to call ahead and ask for it to be reserved for you. The bread is wonderful, but must be ordered ahead of time. Don't be surprised if there is a line out the door. It's that good even if you don't have to have gluten free products.

• Visited December 2012
New York City, New York
“Gluten free and Delightfully Delicious!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

This gluten free bakery is just steps from me and is so good, that I have to avoid walking down 1st Ave so I don't go in every day. I do not have a sweet tooth, but this bakery is absolutely amazing. Their cupcakes and cookies are not too sweet but are soooo good. They by far have the best red velvet cup cakes I've ever tasted. Their cookies are amazing. And the prices are all reasonable. And best of all, if anyone has gluten allergies, everything is gluten free. You just can't resist the aroma as you walk past the store front. And once inside, it is truly difficult to walk out with just 1 or 2 things.. Especially if they are just bringing out freshly baked items. I would highly recommend visiting Pips Place.

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Our must stop when in NYC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

We are huge Pip's fans. We followed the bakery's opening on FB and went last summer. This time, we got a big order to go when we left for the airport to freeze at home (Cincinnati). But both days that we were there, we stopped for breakfast pastries and a delicious latte. All gluten free of course!

Visited December 2012