“Tasty seafood”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown East
Cross street: 50th St
Transit: Lexington Ave and 53st. E,6 Train M15 Bus
Description: Crave Fishbar is a vibrant, convivial restaurant in Midtown Manhattan serving an inspired seafood menu from chef Todd Mitgang. An eclectic mix of reclaimed materials and custom made chairs and tables lend a beachy, rustic feel to the space, which houses a 25-foot-long bar where guests can order from the full dinner menu along with cocktails and wine from a mounted bottle display. Approachable, sophisticated dishes feature local seafood, crudos, and meat dishes that are thoughtfully prepared with both familiar and exotic ingredients.At the 2nd floor bar you will find a full raw bar shucking up a large variety of East and West Coast oysters. Outdoor seating on both floors. Crave Fishbar has taken its place as a neighborhood fixture, providing locals and newcomers alike with a elegant, inviting experience. Our Oyster Happy Hour is the busiest in NYC with both east/ west coast oysters for $1/each along with drink and food specials so come early and slurp down up to 20 different varieties.
Reviewed June 5, 2019

Looking for a place for dinner I come across a number of very noisy places and while Crave isn't a quiet place, it was a lot less noisy than others in the area. So instantly sat down at the bar. That is where one usually ends up when eating on your own..
Food was nice. Maybe it's NY, food doesn't come cheap. It's good though. And prices seem higher than I'm used to in general. A beer set me back $10 a glass and overall my bill came to $80.00 incl. tip. Unfortunately while checking credit card details a month later back home I noticed I was charged $86.86. Not impressed but not worth asking for refund as most of it gets eaten by exchange rate anyway..
I'd come back for the food, but not for the overcharging..

Reviewed June 4, 2019

Happy Hour Oysters were very good! Great priced also!
Every dish we ordered was delicious! Nice friendly and relaxed atmosphere

Reviewed May 30, 2019

The Happy Hour Oysters are $1 to $1.5 each so naturally we ordered a bunch of different varieties and were not disappointed. The calamari and jumbo shrimp are the best we have ever had. Definitely the place to go if you are looking for great seafood.

Reviewed May 26, 2019

My husband and I had dinner at this restaurant several years ago on a trip to NYC and specifically chose it again this trip. We were not disappointed. The food is fresh and well prepared, and the service was excellent. I would highly recommend it.

Reviewed May 22, 2019 via mobile

Returned to this restaurant with 3 friends late on Sunday afternoon.Sat at the long bar downstairs.We all enjoyed the relaxed friendly ambiance,The $1 oysters were again delicious and wine and cocktails were great.A definite must if you are in midtown and a seafood lover.Look forward to my next visit