“Timeless!”

The Phantom of the Opera
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I first saw Phantom in this theatre in 1988 the year it opened on Broadway. MIchael Crawford and Sarah Brightman will always be my favorite leads, but the current cast is excellent! Center Mezz seats offer a great vantage point.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,865)
All reviews
"majestic theater"
in 93 reviews
"longest running show on broadway"
in 40 reviews
in 293 reviews
"cast"
in 271 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We loved the show. The theatre has a wonderfull design. The public should give more credit to the actors they did a grat job.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The costumes and stage sets are amazing. We are a family not very cultured lol but wanted to see this to understand the workings of a true broadway play. We are not a family at all who enjoys opera but do not regret going. Give it a try

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Absolutely wonderful show. My husband and I both loved it!! I was a little apprehensive because I saw Phantom in high school (LONG ago) and did not remember it being truly fantastic but it definitely was. I left the show thinking nothing else we would see during our trip could possibly be as good.

We had front row seats and they really were worth it!! Sit in the first few rows if you can!!

My only complaint - the theater does not open it's doors until 30 minutes prior to showtime which I guess I understand because the theater is not large. However, it was HOT (high 90s that day) and we were roasting standing in line to get in the theater. The other show we saw did not make us stand outside in the hot sun roasting. The doors opened far earlier as did the doors to the theater across the street. So if it's hot, be prepared!! My husband was wearing a jacket because we went to a nice restaurant before and he was roasting! I'm guessing this is not always an issue but during a heat wave.......it's tough!

See more reviews
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The last time I saw this musical was when I was pregnant with my now 16-year old. Saw it again after getting tickets at the TKTS booth with the said 16-year old and the amazing score and beautiful scenes (the candlelit scene where the Phantom navigates a gondola through the underground river has haunted me!) were just as amazing as I'd remembered...except this time I got to share it with my daughter. As others have stated, there is a reason that this show is the longest running on Broadway...if you are fan of Broadway musicals this is a "must see"!