“Excellent dinner!”
Review of Sons of Essex

Sons of Essex
Reserve with OpenTable
Sons of Essex is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,333 of 14,396 Restaurants in New York City
Neighborhood: Lower East Side
Cross street: Stanton & Rivington
Transit: F,J,M, & Z Delancey/Essex
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Excellet dinner last night, the best food I had in NYC. Very friendly and professional service. I recommend this fancy restaurant to everybody!!!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Stopped in here one night with a group of friends for drinks. We stayed for dinner and it was great. Everything we had was full of flavor and delicious. Will go back.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

The food was good with a variety of breakfast and lunch items. The truffle sides are a must. The DJ played great music and made it almost into a dance party. The service was a little slow. I'm not sure it my party of 8 impacted the service.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Funky place with a really good atmosphere.

My husband & I had a thanksgiving meal here. We had plenty of food & good wine. We were looked after very well by the staff. We both had a traditional turkey dinner which we enjoyed very much.

Our experience was very much enhanced by the attentive and friendly service we received. If you are looking for something that is a little different give this a try.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I don't make it to the lower east side too often being that I'm from Phoenix, but I've made 3 trips here for the mac n cheese! The first time was still my favorite when they were serving the onion soup mac-n-cheese! Holy smokes, it's amazing. Sweet, salty and cheesy,... all my favorite flavors on top of pasta, how can you go wrong? I've been craving it since. My dining partner was a virgin to fried pickles, so we had to start with an order. Some of the best I've had, batter was more of a beer-batter tempura style... if that makes sense. On my next couple visits I learned that they change their menu frequently so my dish was not being served, but I have since enjoyed the Mac N Cheese sandwich with tomato soup and the BBQ mac-n-cheese minus the pork (substituted mushrooms). All very good.