“great food and service”
Review of Cock & Bull

Cock & Bull
Reserve with OpenTable
Cock & Bull is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #544 of 13,826 Restaurants in New York City
Cross street: 5th Ave & 6th Ave
Ottawa, Canada
“great food and service”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

The food is awesome. The Lamb Sarnie is amazing and the beer selection was great. The bartender, Joelle i think, was fantastic. Very friendly, personable and a great conversationalist. Pretty hot too. If I was a New Yorker. I would've asked her out :)

Visited October 2013

St.Augustine
“Stella and Old Speckled Hen”
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

We had fine dining all week, which was grand but we wanted something a bit different and still delicious. So off to a good British pub especially since my husband is a Brit. My husband started with the Calf's liver pâté, which was gorgeous and a lovely presentation. I chose a garden salad with a light blue cheese dressing. I love salad and this was so fresh and I usually ask for the dressing on the side. I forgot to ask so the salad arrives with dressing all through it. I thought it would be too much. I was wrong. The blue cheese was not heavy so the flavor was just right and did not over power the veg. My husband had the beef and ale pie with lovely shortbread pastry on top instead of the sometimes typical American puff pastry. He loved it. I only ordered a side of chips (fries to us Yanks) and they were gorgeous. Draft beers were good as expected. Service was prompt and attentive.

• Visited September 2013
Kingston, Canada
“Well Appointed”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stopped in here for lunch (right next to where we were staying at the Holiday Inn Express, great hotel). The atmosphere was terrific and the staff very friendly and helpful. Was a great afternoon

Visited May 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“Quaint pub in heart of NY”
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Found this little gem just a few metres from our hotel and serving meals til 11 pm. Decor is set up like an old English pub- complete with towering wooden shelves filled with spirit/wine bottles and books. Bar staff were really welcoming and friendly. My bacon wrapped meatloaf with cheesy mashed potatoes and green beans was absolutely delicious. My other half enjoyed his C&B burger but the fries were burnt- hence the 4 star rating instead of 5. Tennis football on TVs - seems popular with locals.

Visited August 2013
Titusville, New Jersey, United States
“Authentic”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Being a British expat living in the US, I am always looking for a little taste from home.
I have lived in the States for 26 years and I can honestly say the Cock & Bull certainly was a pleasant experience. I ordered the fish and chips which was much more like what you can expect to find in a pub in Britain compared to some resturants in the US that I have been to. It also came with proper mushy peas and not frozen peas mashed up. There was a good selection of beers to choose from. The bar staff were very friendly and helpful. I will be back the next time I am in the area.

• Visited August 2013