“New Chef!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Strand Bistro

The Strand Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
The Strand Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,304 of 13,489 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 5th and 6th avenues
Transit: Stops Subways 34th street and 6th avenue. R, N, Q, W, B, D, F, V. A, C, and E trains to 34th Street and 8th Avenue
Rancho Mirage, California
“New Chef!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

During our visit to The Strand, we had the pleasure of meeting the new chef, Jason Tilmann. Chef Tilmann is a protege of David Burke & shared his inventive menu additions planned for The Strand. We had dinner on a very busy Thursday evening. We started with specialty cocktails which were delicious. The Chef's new salmon dish was enjoyed by 2 of us & the "old menu" favorite of Amish chicken scored high praise from our 3rd party. Salads were a bit over dressed. Portions were generous and service good. We look forward to trying the new menu additions on our next visit.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

“Doesn't feel like hotel dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

I ate at the bar before it was too crowded and was very pleased with the service and the food. Had a nice pork tenderloin $28 for a
Large portion of pork And a small amount of veggies (w/ a strange garnish ) Service was attentive even tho mgmt seemed to be distracting them with staff issues
Overall I would return to try the
Table seating that looked interesting ( large fish tank and quirky lighting) Bonus is the convenient location, brand new SpringHill Suites next door

Royston, United Kingdom
“Great for Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We were staying at the hotel and on our last morning decided to go to the Bistro for breakfast. A great choice and reasonably priced although I didn't pick the best thing on the menu - my fault but it was still very good and plenty of coffee and juice.

Visited May 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Good dinner!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

Staying next door at the SpringHill Suites; The Strand was a nice choice for dinner - the Salmon was excellent.

Visited May 2014
New York City, New York
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

I love the this place but today I am very disappointed on the servant being basically kicked out of my seating because of a private party. I should have been told before being seated that I would have to move. I moved to the bar seating but was ignored. I waited for a drink for 20 minutes but decided to leave cause it seemed like I was a burden.