“Disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of The Strand Bistro

The Strand Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
The Strand Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,438 of 13,554 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 5th and 6th avenues
Transit: Stops Subways 34th street and 6th avenue. R, N, Q, W, B, D, F, V. A, C, and E trains to 34th Street and 8th Avenue
New York City, New York
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

I love the this place but today I am very disappointed on the servant being basically kicked out of my seating because of a private party. I should have been told before being seated that I would have to move. I moved to the bar seating but was ignored. I waited for a drink for 20 minutes but decided to leave cause it seemed like I was a burden.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

Delicious pasta carbonara and ceasar salad! The best I've had. Excellent wait staff! I highly recommend this restaurant for the ambiance, food and service!!!

Visited April 2014
Orange County, California
“Wow, what a great find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

We were a little concerned because this restaurant is inside the hotel, which usually means overpriced and unimaginative. But we were surprised and how well priced the breakfast menu was and the choices were great. Everything we had was delicious, my daughter really enjoyed the lemon-ricotta pancakes. No kids menu but we found that in a lot of the places in NYC

Visited April 2014
Chester, United Kingdom
“Got charged for someone elses meal as well as my own - awful customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

Went to the bistro on the 22nd March and at the end of the meal was presented with another table's bill. The waiter then bought our bill over which we duly paid and I specifically asked if he had charged the other table's bill to me credit card, he replied that he had, but had since cancelled the payment.

When my credit card bill arrived I had in fact paid for the other table's meal. Despite several phonecalls to the hotel who eventually acknowledged the fault was with them - although they never called back as promised to notify me of this. They also assured they would credit my account which they haven't done, so my bank are now pursuing them.

Given that this was their mistake I feel the customer service I have received has been appalling which is a shame as the emal we had was really very good.

• Visited March 2014
Nanuet, New York
“A Great Evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

The total dining experience was great. The décor was inviting and the food and service was exceptional. Wait staff very attentive and helpful. Menu has some wonderful variations of dishes commonly served. Chef's Specials were really special. If your in the neighborhood don't pass it by.

• Visited February 2014