“Wow, what a great find!”
Review of The Strand Bistro

The Strand Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
The Strand Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,506 of 13,678 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 5th and 6th avenues
Transit: Stops Subways 34th street and 6th avenue. R, N, Q, W, B, D, F, V. A, C, and E trains to 34th Street and 8th Avenue
Orange County, California
“Wow, what a great find!”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We were a little concerned because this restaurant is inside the hotel, which usually means overpriced and unimaginative. But we were surprised and how well priced the breakfast menu was and the choices were great. Everything we had was delicious, my daughter really enjoyed the lemon-ricotta pancakes. No kids menu but we found that in a lot of the places in NYC

Visited April 2014

Chester, United Kingdom
“Got charged for someone elses meal as well as my own - awful customer service”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Went to the bistro on the 22nd March and at the end of the meal was presented with another table's bill. The waiter then bought our bill over which we duly paid and I specifically asked if he had charged the other table's bill to me credit card, he replied that he had, but had since cancelled the payment.

When my credit card bill arrived I had in fact paid for the other table's meal. Despite several phonecalls to the hotel who eventually acknowledged the fault was with them - although they never called back as promised to notify me of this. They also assured they would credit my account which they haven't done, so my bank are now pursuing them.

Given that this was their mistake I feel the customer service I have received has been appalling which is a shame as the emal we had was really very good.

• Visited March 2014
Nanuet, New York
“A Great Evening”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

The total dining experience was great. The décor was inviting and the food and service was exceptional. Wait staff very attentive and helpful. Menu has some wonderful variations of dishes commonly served. Chef's Specials were really special. If your in the neighborhood don't pass it by.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank DonMyroni
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Amazing Valentines Day Meal”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

This was my second time at the Strand Bistro for a holiday meal and it was amazing. Each course was beautifully presented. The pork belly was delicious, the goat cheese napoleon looked like a piece of art work when it arrived at the table. The scallops were perfectly cooked. It was a wonderful meal from beginning to end. A perfect way to spend Valentines Day!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Melissa S
Wildwood, New Jersey
“"Excellent Latin Band"”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Beautiful Ambiance, Nice staff, and good food. Was recently there on a Wednesday night and simply loved the Latin band who played many of my favorite Gypsy King music.

Can't wait to go back.