“Fabulous Tour”

Urban Oasis Shopping Tour Day Tours
Ranked #39 of 839 Shopping in New York City
Type: Shopping, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Urban Oasis specializes in unique shopping and fashion education tours. Our most popular tour is the Garment District shopping/educational. Founded by Imani Alexander, attorney and fashion designer our clientele ranges from students of all ages, tourists, emerging fashion designers, home sewers and local fashionistas. We provide clients with a behind the scenes experience into the fashion industry. With visits to production facilities, fabric stores, manufacturers and more the client has an experience normally closed to the public. We also offer shopping at designer showrooms that offer significant discounts 50-75% off retail.
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I took my 2 thirteen year old granddaughters to NYC. They wanted to see how fashion went from an idea to clothes in a store. Imani was incredible with them! We started out at Mood fabrics where she showed us some of her own design drawings and she then had them do a friendly competition to design a dress. We then went to see how patterns are made, material is cut, dresses are sewn and buttons are dyed. We also got to visit a jewelry, scarf and purse designer. As an added bonus we got to shop wholesale at most of the shops. I would highly recommend this tour. I've been to NYC numerous times and this is one of the BEST tours I've ever taken.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Imani A, Owner at Urban Oasis Shopping Tour Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Hi Becky,

Thanks for the kind words about the tour. I try to make it fun and educational for my clients. The girls were fun and eager...my Texas clients are always a ball to hang out with!

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Me and my family were visiting New York. Our friends were telling us how great Imani's tour was and we decided to give it a shot. Wow, were we impressed. Not only did we have a blast, not only was Imani an amazing guide, but we ended up buying some great stuff from the designers we visited. We will definitely do this again when we visit NY next year.

Imani A, Owner at Urban Oasis Shopping Tour Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Thanks and hope to see you next year!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Imani was wonderful to work with and all of the ladies had a wonderful time on the tour! I would highly reccommend this experience to all!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Imani A, Owner at Urban Oasis Shopping Tour Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Hi Mary,

I enjoyed shopping with Nicole's bachelorette party. Thanks for the review!

Reviewed November 9, 2013

I took this tour to get a behind the scenes look at the fashion design process and my expectations were exceeded! We met at Mood Fabrics and then visited an experienced pattern maker who was more than willing to share his years of experience with us. Several reliable fabric and trim stores were also included in the tour. I have visited the garment district on my own in the past without any real direction and this tour set me on a clear path. If you are looking to expand your knowledge of the fashion design industry, I definitely recommend this tour.

1  Thank ShopChic
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Imani geared our shopping trip to suit the needs of our 16 year olds & us Mom's! We were thrilled with our experience & would recommend it to anyone visiting NYC to do some really great shopping! Would do it again in a heartbeat!