“Highlight of our trip to NYC!!”

Urban Oasis Shopping Tour Day Tours
Ranked #36 of 816 Shopping in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Urban Oasis specializes in unique shopping and fashion education tours. Our most popular tour is the Garment District shopping/educational. Founded by Imani Alexander, attorney and fashion designer our clientele ranges from students of all ages, tourists, emerging fashion designers, home sewers and local fashionistas. We provide clients with a behind the scenes experience into the fashion industry. With visits to production facilities, fabric stores, manufacturers and more the client has an experience normally closed to the public. We also offer shopping at designer showrooms that offer significant discounts 50-75% off retail.
Atlanta, GA
“Highlight of our trip to NYC!!”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I can't say enough about Urban Oasis. Imani was extremely prompt with all communications (mostly done via email) and was beyond considerate of my non-traditional work schedule. When a last minute change in her schedule forced a change in tour guides, she never missed a beat. Our guide took us to some amazing designers with great prices. Since doing the tour roughly three weeks ago, I've already seen both the scarf and the shoes I bought for twice the price I paid. Keep in mind this isn't like going to a mall. Be prepared with cash (some will charge you extra for using a credit card), wear comfortable shoes and know that you will be on somewhat of a schedule. I highly recommend Urban Oasis, not sure how I'm ever going to shop retail again!!! If you're a shopaholic, don't miss this tour!!

Visited April 2013
Imani A, Owner at Urban Oasis Shopping Tour Day Tours, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thanks, and I am glad the showroom was able to help with your shoe mix-up.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We took the educational tour, it was awesome to get to know the insider view of the fashion business in NYC... Completely recommend it! Imani was really kind, answered everything we answered and was really a cool person to hang out with. You should try it!

Visited December 2012
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

1 Thank Juan A
Imani A, Owner at Urban Oasis Shopping Tour Day Tours, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Hi Juan,

I hope you and your girlfriend have made it back home safely and had an amazing time in NYC. We had such a fun time on our tour, maybe you can show me around Buenos Aires one day!
New York City, New York
“Simply Amazing! Urban Oasis Rocks!!!!!!”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

This was the first time that I participated in an actual shopping tour. I heard mixed reviews about the experience, but I decided to go ahead and give it a try. I have to admit - attending a shopping tour revolutionized and energized my views on fashion!!!!! I absolutely loved every moment of it - from the intimate nature of the experience to the warm greetings I received from my other shopping mates to the excitement of the next element of the tour! Also, the coolest part about the tour was the variety in fashion! I definitely purchased pieces that I would have otherwise not either had the money for or access to.

If you are on the fence about attending a shopping tour I say go ahead and try it!!!! Urban Oasis is ran by a fantastic women who has a sophisticated sense of fashion and style! In addition, I really like the way Urban Oasis structured the tour. Everything was perfectly timed and it was nothing redundant or boring about the tour. Literally, every place we went to I wanted to purchase something!

I definitely plan on attending another shopping tour with Urban Oasis. In fact, this is likely to be the only shopping tour company I will work with just because of how carefully everything was planned out and how classic, yet trendy each show room was. Hopefully, I will personally see you on a tour. If so, I absolutely won't have a problem with telling you about my experience in more detail. Try it out!!! Trust me - you're going to love it!!!

Visited October 2012
Imani A, Owner at Urban Oasis Shopping Tour Day Tours, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Hi Monica,

You were so much fun to hang out with! We are constantly adding new showrooms to our roster and I look forward to our next excursion.
Frankfurt am Main
“A great tour for those interested in careers in fashion”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My family visited NY from Frankfurt/Germany and we took the garment district educational tour.

My daughter is interested in attending Parsons and studying fashion design.
I thought this would be a good opportunity for her to get a behind the scenes tour.

Our leader was Imani, a fashion designer she was patient, knowledgeable and thorough in answering my daughters questions.

We started at a fabric store,and ended at a top designers showroom and even met the designer! After the educational part she took us to some sample sales in the area.

This tour is great for those interested in careers in fashion.

Hi Janet,

Thanks for taking the time out to give us feedback. I am so glad you guys enjoyed the educational tour and found it beneficial. If you ever have questions about NY schools or fashion design in the future, please do not hesitate to ask.
Atlanta
“Urban Oasis Shopping Tour”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

While visiting NYC from Atlanta, I decided to take a shopping tour. Since shopping in NYC can be overwhelming, it seemed like a good idea. I called a couple of the other shopping companies and the prices were high (I am a bargain hunter). I emailed Urban Oasis and Imani immediately called me to answer my questions. I consider myself a very picky shopper, but she assured me I would not be disappointed. Upon meeting Imani (who was styled and dressed fabulously) I immediately knew that I was in good hands. My tour was small and intimate with 4 other ladies and we moved from one showroom to the next. The prices were amazing and I bought a fox and rex rabbit vest for nearly 60% off normally sold at Neiman's, 2 killer scarves and a suit. Each showroom had something unique and different to offer. By the end of the tour, I was shopped out. I would definitely take another Urban Oasis shopping tour, next time the Soho/Nolita one.

Hi Sarah,

Thank you so much for the kind words. I look forward to taking you on the Soho/Nolita tour on your next trip to NYC.