“Great Tour”

NYC Gangster Tours Day Tours
Ranked #126 of 648 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: The Mafia. The Mob. La Cosa Nostra. The Syndicate. The Commission. Gangs. Organized Crime is real. It had more influence in New York City than you can ever imagine. Whenever you think The Mob has been broken, it simply disappears, changes forms, and comes back bigger and more powerful than ever before.We take you to where it all happened; from the earliest gangs in American history to the birth, rise and fall of the American Mafia. We tell the stories of the Tongs of Chinatown, Irish Westies, Russian Mob, Jewish Syndicate and many, many more…We show you where they lived, where they ate, where they drank, where they got paid, where they whacked and got whacked. How do we get away with it? Don’t ask questions; just enjoy the tour. We’re gonna give you a tour that you cannot refuse.
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I took the Little Italy/Chinatown tour with Jose. He was one of the most articulate and knowledgeable people I have ever met. The tour was one of the best things I experienced on my trip. Jose took us through the crowded streets of China town and explained the history of the area as well as the personalities involved in organized crime. As he weaved us through little italy he pointed out spots used in the filming of the godfather and the sopranos as well as other famous mob owned spots. I would recommend this tour to anyone. One tip I would add, is it seems to be a small operation, insomuch as you can, try and book in advance and on top of the availability.

2  Thank Ryan V
"evening tour"
"wealth of knowledge"
"east village"

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Was there just 2 days ago! It was a bitterly cold day, but the Mob didn't care! I needed a wooden overcoat. Gideon turned out and took my son and I through a tour of mobster history, walking the streets of China Town and Little Italy. Thrilling, Entertaining, Imaginative, Educational. (I think that's what Gideon meant when he said I had to ''PAY TRIBUTE!'' ..... not sure?).
Seriously, the tour is really enjoyable, and the amount of knowledge and information Gideon shares is astounding.
Don't take my word for it, just go on it before the Feds shut them down! It would be a crime to miss it.
Then you can go to a great little Italian resturant, and get wasted!.

Martin and Josh Giblin.

6  Thank Martin G
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I think this tour is a real great insight into the history of the 'gangs of NYC', Chinatown (which not many people know about) and of course the mobs/mafiaso of the 20th century.

Gideon, who runs the tour, is a real nice guy and has all the answers to any questions you have about this historic area. It is a walking tour so beware of really cold times of the year, but Gideon was nice enough to go to a historic Italian restaurant for a big part of the tour (to escape the cold). The restaurant was the scene of many mob-related movies and the owners were nice enough to play a montage showing all the famous movies (Donnie Brasco, The Sopranos, Godfather 3).

One tip- make sure you watch a good fix of NYC-based mob movies (or documentaries) before you do the tour, this will help with the references.

3  Thank tomwatson84
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I highly recommend this tour, our tour guide Marcus was brilliant and very engaging. The tour went round Hells kitchen and the events talked about were really interesting. Our guide was very knowledgable, I thought I knew a lot about gangsters but his level of knowledge was amazing. I went on this tour with my family, my wife, mum dad and my sister and her boyfriend and everyone enjoyed it even my mum who has no real interest in gangsters. If you want to know a little bit more about New York's darker side you should definitely go on this tour

3  Thank Katiekendall