“Peruvian Flavors”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: between 6th Ave and Broadway
Transit: 1 train 23rd Street and 7th Avenue F train 23rd Street and 6th Avenue NJ Path train 23rd Street and 6th Avenue 6 train 23rd Street and Park Avenue South
Description: When we do what we love, we do it well. and when we share what we love, it feeds us all. RAYMI is the heart and soul of three brothers: Jaime, Felipe and Roger Torres. We celebrate the multicultural spirit of modern-day Peru -- The native, Japanese, Chinese and Spanish influences that color its vibrant cuisine. We honor the pureness of our ingredients. The growers and patrons who trust us. And the family who comes together everyday to create not just food, but community.
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I had a great experience here. Exquisite food, understated beautiful presentations, and excellent service. It's not really traditional Peruvian, much more elaborate, and of course, more expensive. The dishes are small portions generally so don't be afraid to order and try several different things. I started with an perfect tuna ceviche - the best since I was in Lima. Be sure to try the Peruvian pisco drink Chicha Morada and the Peruvian crispy donuts.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is one the best peruvian restaurants I have been to! You have to try the chicha morada pisco sour, it is super tasty (if you like sweet/fruity cocktails). We tried a sampling of all the ceviches and they were all deliciously different. It was hard to pick a favorite, but I would say you can't miss the clasico. We had several appetizers and there was not a bad one to be had. My favorite was the corn cake and my boyfriend loved the tamal verde. And don't miss the lomo saltado...it will be the best one you've ever had. Service was outstanding! We sat at the ceviche bar; it was amazing to see the cevichera craft her dishes right in front of you. I highly recommend this place. I will definitely go back.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Was excited to try this place out! Ended up being a COMPLETE disappointment. The SERVICE was SUB-PAR. The waiter (Daniel) no only got my order completely wrong, but also tried to argue it was correct, until he finally got the menu and said - oh yes, my fault. Then, I had to wait another 20 minutes for my food while my friends already had their dinner served. He didn't even try offer a drink, an app, or to leave the wrong entree.... nothing to redeem his mistake. Then the bus boy comes around to refill our waters, and he slammed the water glasses on the table!!! We were having a conversation and we stopped talking and stared at each other in complete shock. The FOOD was good, but WAY WAY too SALTY. Most of us ordered entrees that had some sort of soy-based sauce, and the chef must not be tasting the food before it comes out. The meats were cooked perfectly but the saltiness just ruined the texture of the food, and after 3 or 4 bites, it was tooooo much. It was like they were forcing you to order drinks because the food left your palate dry.

The worst part of all, was that the check came out with the gratuity (18%) already included, although our table was only 4 people - and the menu explicitly said *gratuity included in the check for tables of 8 or more people*

It was like, they knew they sucked but didn't want to risk NOT getting paid for bad service and disappointing food.

Will not go back. Go at your own risk.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is a nuevo Peruvian restaurant - if you expect traditional Peruvian fare this is not the place. While the food is good, it is a bit overpriced and, shall we say, scant. The menu has Peruvian dishes "updated" with new flavors and such - its also the trend in Lima. The empanadas, shrimp anticuchos were very good, the Tiradito was not as good as i expected - thickly sliced and without the slight pungency and kick that i was anticipating. Halibut a lo Macho was excellent but it was just about appetizer sized and came without rice (would have been great to soak the sauce up); the Seafood rice was a small paella.

Service was outstanding as was the Raymi sour. I recommend it for drinks and appetizers but if you go for dinner be prepared for expensive and scant entrees.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a mixed review. The service was very good. The food was great. I thought the portion sizes were perfect but my partner left starving. He felt the portions were very small. We went for restaurant week and were able to order anything from the menu which is not usual. I had the corn cake for an appetizer and it was delicious as was the Grilled octopus and calamari. We were seated in a hallway area across from the bar which linked the two dining rooms. I strongly recommend you avoid these seats and ask to be seated elsewhere. It is a high traffic area and if you are sitting in the aisle it is very annoying. It is crammed with three high tables and it is very difficult for the server to reach into the tables. I would definitely go again but if you are a big eater beware the portions are small. Have the Peruvian crispy donuts for dessert. They were
awesome!