“good breakfast”

Tir na Nog - Times Square
Reserve with OpenTable
Tir na Nog - Times Square is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #214 of 13,938 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Irish, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between Eighth + Ninth
Description: A small piece of Ireland in the heart of midtown Manhattan and close to Times Square. Genuine Irish hospitality combined with modern classic cuisine and a few Irish dishes thrown into the mix. Great happy hour daily and 22 large screen TVs for sports viewing.
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Had breakfast here really enjoyed the salmon eggs Benedict. Had an evening meal here also but the service was a tad slow. Overall good food

AisF, Manager at Tir na Nog - Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Hi
I'm so glad you enjoyed our food
I apologize about the service not being up to standard, we try to direct our staff to be as attentive as possible to customers.
Hopefully we will see you again.

There are newer reviews for Tir na Nog - Times Square

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Great setting. Close to everything. Food is great (and the fried calamari is outstanding!) friendly and attenetive service by wait staff ...steps away from MSG.

Hi
So happy to hear you had such a nice time at our restaurant.
Please come back and visit us again soon

Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Larger pub and more authentic than anticipated! Food was delicious!! Service was outstanding! Definitely worth the visit. Will return the next time we are in NYC!

Hi Ann
Thank you so much for the great review
I'm so pleased to hear you had such a good time with us at our establishment.
Yes please do come back to visit us the next time you are in NYC.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

My wife and I recently went to NYC on our honeymoon, and discovered this Irish-themed bar a few doorsteps from our hotel. Overall, it was a very nice place to get a drink. The prices were reasonable, especially by New York standards, and the drink selection was outstanding - several draft beers, with a good mix of local beers and "bigger," more well-known brands. But the real reason to visit Tir Na Nog (pronounced "Cheer Nah Noog," if I got it right) is for the service. Our bartender, Brendan, was a very nice Irish fellow who engaged us in conversation, recommended beers based on our likes and dislikes, and even gave us complimentary shots of whiskey when we told him it was our honeymoon! It's rare these days to find a bar where the bartender actually treats you like a person, and makes time to chat and take care of you.

The only real drawback to Tir Na Nog is that it doesn't quite have that intimate, pub-like feel. There are flatscreen TVs everywhere, and music constantly playing. (However, it should be noted that there are several private booths, small mini-rooms, and "nook"-like areas throughout the bar, so if you want some privacy you can usually find it.) Overall, though, a perfectly enjoyable place to get a drink, chat with a friendly bartender, and meet some nice people.

Hi David
Thank you so much for the fabulous review
I'm so glad we could make your honeymoon that little bit more special
We always try our best to make the customer feel like a part of our family when they come in to visit us at our bar and restaurant.
I hope you enjoyed the rest of your honeymoon and many congratulations to you and your wife for the future.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I ate here while staying in NYC for business. I chose this place because it was close to my hotel. The first night I ate there I had to wait a long time to be served at the bar, To be fair, the food and beer was great. I had the hummus platter and a local draft beer. Pricing was average for the city.
The second night I stopped in for a beer and left simply due to the fact that that staff was unattentive. It wasn't all that busy for them to not to make rounds. I definitely wouldn't go back.

Hi
I'm so sorry you had such a bad experience with us
That is not how we teach our staff to treat customers.
I will be looking into the issue
I hope the next time you are in the city you would be willing to give us another chance and come and visit us again.