“Mmm... Chocolate!”

Neighborhood: SoHo
New York City, New York
“Mmm... Chocolate!”
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

I've started dragging my 4-year-old to various shops this winter. We walk by Burdick all the time, but I figure with the cold weather a nice hot chocolate will make the walk home zippier.

The service and environment was warm and inviting. We had a milk - hot - chocolate, three macarons, and the Harvard Square. The hot chocolate (dark and milk) is reminiscent of City Bakery's consistency. It got too thick for me. The macarons were nice day of, but when I had some the next day it was a bit hard and chewy (different from the French ones). The Harvard Square was yummy even the next day. Highly recommend this popular item. I had my eye on the chocolate mousse slice.

Not sure why the Fleur de Sel (restaurant) reviews were still coming up. It was located here previously.

• Korean first
San Francisco, California
“Great chocolateria”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

So nice to have them in NYC. I noticed them very much in passing while in a rush (at 20th and Broadway). Extremely cute little chocolate creations and excellent coffee. My favourite were little chocolate mice and penguins that are fantastic gifts for children.

• Visited November 2012
Cypress, Texas
“Best Chocolates and Hot Chocolate in the City”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I've been a Burdick fan for over 10 years long before they came to NYC. I'm so happy to have another location that I can occasionally get to!

Visited December 2012
New York City, New York
“A Delightful respite”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Discovered by accident in passing, I stopped for coffee and a pastry. It was so relaxing after a hectic day, I returned a week later. There is a sense of discovery in this small chocolate filled shop. The variety of Latte seems endless; the pastries mouth watering, and problematic in making a choice from the offerings on display in the glass case. I had an apple tart made of apple slices that was delicious, but it also looked so good, I hesitated momentarily to cut into it. I had a double espresso, but most patrons were drinking lattes. The service is interesting, since one goes to the counter and places and pays for ones order. You are given a card with a number and your order is delivered to your table. There seems to be only two or three personnel at any time, but service runs smoothly. I can't imagine leaving without purchasing chocolate of some kind. The tiny dark and white chocolate mice are a signature delicacy, but in this instance, I bought a wood box filled with Halloween themed chocolates as a gift for someone. If I don't gift them soon, I may become the recipient. I almost hesitate to write about this European style shop, for fear there may not always be room to sit and relax.

• Visited October 2012
New York
“Sorry, Not for that price!”
Reviewed February 16, 2009

My wife and I wanted to go someplace special for Valentines dinner. We had heard about Fleur de Sel and thought we should try it. The food was good, the service was just okay. They should have let us know beforehand that they would be almost doubling the price of the dinner. Pre fixe dinner was $155 instead of the normal 90. I can understand the restaurant raising prices a little more for a special evening but this was ridiculous! A restaurant should give good value and service, that is how they build a customer base. We will not go again!