“Good Greek Food”
Review of Yefsi Estiatorio

Yefsi Estiatorio
Reserve with OpenTable
Yefsi Estiatorio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,482 of 14,199 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Reviewed June 17, 2014

The food here is excellent, with a great variety of dishes. Four of us enjoyed sharing a number of dishes. the service was excellent. It was surprisingly full for a Monday PM. It was very noisy so if you want a calmer atmosphere don't go @ 'prime time'. We sat outside in an enclosed garden area which was very attractive but also noisy. A plus - its on Open Table.

Christos C, Owner at Yefsi Estiatorio, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

I know how convenient services like OpenTable are, so I'm happy you were able to use that, Janet! Additionally, I'm pleased to know you and your party enjoyed all of the dishes we prepared. I do apologize for the noise, but as you stated "prime time" is always going to be on the louder side. I hope you'll all be back in again soon.

Take care,
Christos, Owner/ Chef

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Can only agree with the other reviewers - great food: octopus starter really excellent+good deserts. Highly recommended

Reviewed June 11, 2014

It's amazing but every time i come to this restaurant the owner and the service are so incredibly rude and dishonest. I come back because the food is good. But I would never recommend this to a friend or family or more importantly business associates. If only Greek food could travel well I would order in for delivery. Seats at the bar were reserved for patrons who never showed up and tables were denied us because of " arriving parties who needed bigger tables " who never showed up. They were out of Chardonnay and substituted more expensive wine. When I brought this to the attention of the owner he dismissed me rudely and walked away.
Although the food is consistently good, the restaurant is very noisy, the owner rude and not accommodating. Rudeness has no place in hospitality business.

Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

One of the best Greek restaurants in NY. I grew up in a Greek-American home so am picky with eating Greek out.

Service was great. Place gets packed so make reservations.

The octopus, giant Lima beans with shrimp, lamb Yuvetsi ( stew with noodles) and santorini white wine are highly recommended.

The only thing I didn't love was the spinach pie special. Too heavy on the spinach and light on feta.

The deserts were great
especially the walnut cake, yalaktobouriko and baklava.
Overall a great time.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Had a really nice time here for dinner with friends.
Great service. Amazing good and wine.
The wines are great and my server allowed me to test the wine before I got it.
The Greek salad is wonderful and fresh. The fried cheese is delicious.
Fish entrees and mussels are top notch.
Dessert cakes were great but the greek yogurt put us over the top!