“Brilliant Food..Unfriendly Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Yefsi Estiatorio

Yefsi Estiatorio
Reserve with OpenTable
Yefsi Estiatorio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,954 of 13,551 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
“Brilliant Food..Unfriendly Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

I was amused when my experience perfectly matched the other reviews I had read. When we entered the restaurant there were many 4 tops available but we were told they had to save them for bigger parties....(we were 3). which never manifested....
I want to clarify that the wait staff was marvelous...it was the hostess and the manager who were rude, but ultimately gave my brother his card and said he should call him before he comes next time (we DID have a reservation..
On to the food...
Utterly divine. Both fishes, all the veggies (although the string beans are a tad too tomatoie for my taste....
Octopus appetizer the best I have tasted, grilled veggies very tasty...
LOVE the hummus they serve with bread.
Reasonable prices, unexciting crowd, but it is tucked away on York so many are not trudging from the west side as I did

• Visited May 2013

• Greek first
Yekaterinburg, Russia
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Enjoy delicious Greek food and great service. Good choice of meat and fish, big list of Greek wines. Of course you need a reservation at busy evening. The restaurant is really popular and you can stuck in the queue waiting for the table. I've made my reservations directly from Foursquare via OpenTable. It's quite convenient.

• Visited February 2013
“NO”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Don't bother.

We tried to get in here on a busy night... I recognize that we didn't have a reservation, but the manager was incredibly rude to us and walked away from us mid-sentence. The hostess realized how rude to us he was and tried to recover but it was too late.

Try Dafni or Molyvos instead.

• Visited March 2013
New York
“"A JEWEL AND ONE OF THE BEST"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

If you want to treat yourself to one of the best restaurants and best kept sercrets in New York, find yourself going to Yefsies! The food is Greek food and so delicious and fresh!
My husband and I have been dining here at least once a week since it opened, The TOP CHEF Christos, is truly amazing. He just received 2 Michelin awards and was invited to the White House to make a diiner for the President and his guests.That tells you how great he is!
There is a delightful outside enclosed patio which is perfect for romantic evenings!
The food is top top notch. There is not anything that is not good on the reasonably priced menu! The fish is the best in the city and always fresh!Christos has a top notch bar tender and a very friendly and professional staff! A reservation is a must!!! You will walk away thinking, "When I am coming back'? A Must!!!

• Visited April 2013
New York City, New York
“Erogant staff & medicar food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Manager- erogant and liar! Reservation not kept, and lied about availability of tables. Waitress pushi and erogant. Food below avaerage! The apetizer portions are very small, and not tasty. The price of $150 per couple is highly exagerated. Stay away!!!!

• Visited April 2013