Tripadvisor
New York City
5,536 results
All reviews rooftop bar parker quinn bryant park hat factory cupcakes the empire state building magnolia bakery new york great hotel live jazz hotel guests boutique hotel times square street noise definitely stay here again location was perfect few blocks
Selected filters
Reviewed January 21, 2020

First time I stayed at the Refinery, it was during the soft opening years back. I finally returned and it still has the fresh and friendly vibe. Gabe upgraded me and my daughter (THANK YOU!!!!)...comfy beds, clean, genuinely friendly staff, great restaurant, and ideally located...walk nearly anywhere or just hop on the subway near by.

Date of stay: January 2020
TylerDubs, General Manager at Refinery Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2020

Thank you for the feedback, MABlissful.

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad you had another wonderful stay with us and thank you for your continued patronage. We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our comfortable accommodations as well as our friendly staff, great restaurant and prime location. We look forward to hosting you again for a third visit in the near future. Thank you and have a great day!

Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

I have been staying at the Refinery Hotel in midtown Manhattan for work for several years now and the level of service as well as the accommodations are outstanding. This boutique hotel pays attention to detail and as its name implies, offers a “refined” customer experience to its guests. For those travelling to New York for business or pleasure, It is centrally located in terms of proximity to major attractions offering spacious and beautifully appointed rooms that set them apart from the typical NYC hotel chains.

Most of all, what truly sets this hotel apart is their staff. The second I walk in, Gabriel, at the front desk greets me with a smile and quickly anticipates my needs. Over the years, he has offered stellar service to my collègues and I and is the main reason for our loyalty to this hotel. In today’s customer service landscape, It’s rare to be greeted by using clients’ names, but Gabriel never fails to address hotel guests by their names. Whether it’s with a quick hello the moment he sees you walking out of the elevator or you pass by the reception desk, the level of personalized service he offers is truly impressive! He sets the standard for the overall service experience and consistently exceeds my expectations. The experience doesn’t stop with Gabriel, it’s truly a Team effort...a shout-out to Raymond, Dante, Ashley, Allison, Bryce and the entire Refinery Team (forgive me for not knowing everyone’s names) who also offer a wonderful experience and smile each and every time!

Overall, I have never been disappointed with the service and accommodations at the Refinery and I would not consider staying anywhere else when in NYC. I guarantee that one stay will have you convinced! Kudos to Gabriel and the entire Refinery Staff for their passion and attention to the guest experience. Like their tag line suggests “keep smiling, it makes people wonder where you’ve been” ...they always manage to keep me smiling! Well done Team Refinery!

Nia P.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
TylerDubs, General Manager at Refinery Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2020

Thank you for the feedback, Nia P.

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad you always enjoy your stay with us, especially our wonderful staff and excellent accommodations. We look forward to seeing you again soon for another positive experience. Thank you.

Reviewed January 20, 2020

I love this hotel. The rooms are well appointed, the lobby was beautiful and always smells fresh, and the restaurant attached serves amazing food. Most importantly Christina was a gem and extremely helpful when it came to helping me surprise my friend for his birthday with baloons and a lovely cake for Magnolia Bakery! This is defintely my new go to Hotel when I am in NY.

Date of stay: January 2020

Thank you for the feedback, lanet0.

We're thrilled you had such a wonderful stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon for another positive experience. Thank you.

Reviewed January 20, 2020

Make sure to take advantage of free coffee every moring in lobby area and visit the Jazz Bar!
Great services from all team members; from Gabe at front desk to Kevin at the Rooftop Restaurant - a must see!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the feedback, Cathy M.

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us overall and we look forward to seeing you again soon for another positive experience. Thank you.

Reviewed January 19, 2020

My friend and I decided to stay here for my 30th birthday. I have visited this hotel before for the rooftop but it was my first time staying at the hotel for the night. Christina the Guest Experience Manager was very accommodating! She treated us so well the entire time we were there! The hotel itself is beautiful and very well decorated. At the top of the Hotel is the Refinery Rooftop which has an amazing view of the Empire State Building. Towards the back of the Lobby is the restaurant, Parker and Quinn! Christina made sure to get us hooked up with Nick the manager there and we had a great breakfast! They are also great for brunch! Overall the hotel is definitely a great choice if you're thinking about staying here! It's located in midtown very close to public transportation, Bryant Park is around the corner and Times Square is a walkable distance!

Room tip: The rooms with views are mainly rooms that face the Empire State building.
Date of stay: January 2020

Thank you for the feedback, imbeeyo.

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you.