5,024 results
All reviews rooftop bar parker quinn bryant park hat factory cupcakes the empire state building new york magnolia bakery great hotel live jazz boutique hotel hotel guests times square street noise definitely stay here again location was perfect penn station
Reviewed September 20, 2016

The hotel is beautiful and SO clean. The staff was very nice but the front desk employees I dealt with on the phone and at check out were not very aware of how to do things so something that should have taken 10 mins took over an hour. The room was perfect and so clean. The only issue was that there were two TVs in our room and only one remote to control both. This resulted in us buying a movie by accident on one TV when we thought we were simply changing a channel on the other tv. We were charged for the movie ($20) and were told that they would "investigate". Otherwise the food and space was very nice. I would absolutely go back.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Eric_Refinery, General Manager at Refinery Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2016

Thank you for staying with us, jaime b we appreciate your feedback and will be reviewing your comments with our entire team as we continue to improve. We hope that you will choose to return in the future.

Reviewed September 20, 2016

I do incentive travel for companies all over the world so my standards are high and your hotel more than met my expectations. Your staff was so helpful in working out details for our daughter's wedding. We all had a fantastic time .

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Eric_Refinery, General Manager at Refinery Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2016

Thank you for acknowledging the energy at Refinery, Wyckies! We are honored to have been a part of your daughter’s wedding, thank you for posting!

Reviewed September 20, 2016

We stayed one night in the Refinery and it is a beautiful boutique hotel in an outstanding location. The location is excellent, three blocks from Bryant Park, easy walking distance to Chelsea or Times Square. We even were able to walk to Central Park, which was about a 25 minute to the 58th street edge. There are subway and bus stops nearby. I prefer hotels in the Midtown and Flat Iron sections of Manhattan from a location perspective.

The lobby is classy and swanky. There is a nice lobby bar and some seating and the reception area. The staff wears these pretty unique refinery uniforms. Amanda took care of us and she was friendly, helpful and just awesome.

Since we were three of us, my wife, our daughter and myself we needed a room with two beds. This was absolutely the coolest and largest room we have ever had in New York by far. The room was immaculately clean and had very high, loft type ceilings that added to the spacious feel. There was a sitting area, a desk area, a small closet and a huge bathroom. The beds were very comfortable and the lighting in the room was awesome. The flooring is laminate that looks like rustic hardwoods and the walls were white with black accents and some funky and interesting artwork. We did not find noise to be an issue. The Refinery provided nice amenities such toiletries, robes, slippers, etc. and a coffee maker. Wi Fi was also provided and was easy to access.

The Refinery also has a rooftop bar with some great views and restaurant. We didn't try the restaurant but we did have a drink at roof top bar.

All of the staff over our entire short stay was excellent. The Refinery is very, very nice hotel. I would definitely stay here again.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are so happy you found us Richard R! Thank you for posting, we look forward to welcoming you back on a second stay!

Reviewed September 19, 2016

I was in NYC for a week. I thought the hotel was stylish, very comfortable, the room was great and the roof top bar was fun and had a great view. If you need to be in midtown the location is perfect, close to many businesses and the theatre district.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Eric_Refinery, General Manager at Refinery Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2016

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, brucemH1250II! Thank you for posting we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to New York!

Reviewed September 19, 2016

I absolutely love to stay at the Refinery. The staff are absolutely excellent, the rooms are fantastic, and the vibe is wonderful. I've stayed twice for business and the staff actually remembered me, which I found incredible considering it's one of the hottest hotels in the city. The rooms are wonderful - high ceilings, very airy, and well decorated. The coffee downstairs in the morning is also amazing. And to have the option to go straight up to the rooftop bar and not wait is just awesome. Even though it's in the middle of midtown, the rooms are quiet and I didn't hear any street noise.

Room tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for your enthusiastic review, HeatherKennedy, we love to hear that you loved us!