4,790 results
All reviews rooftop bar parker quinn bryant park hat factory the empire state building cupcakes new york magnolia bakery great hotel live jazz hardwood floors boutique hotel hotel guests times square great boutique comfortable beds street noise
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We booked this hotel after the wonderful reviews. We have stayed in handful of luxury hotels in NYC so we were a bit nervous that there must be something wrong with this hotel because the price is not comparable to the others. We were very surprised to learn that this hotel is perfect. Excellent service and comfort. Our room is actually big which doesn't happen much in NYC. only drawback is that there is no tea kettle nor a way to make hot water for my morning tea.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Jleahkaylor
R_Taormina, General Manager at Refinery Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

We are delighted to hear you were pleasantly surprised, Jleahkaylor! Thank you for your kind words about our service and our rooms. We do have tea kettles that are available upon request and would be happy to provide one to you on a future stay.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

All of the reviews that speak about the friendly service are spot on. The moment we arrived, every single staff member was friendly and in good-natured, unlike some of the "forced-friendliness" that you may feel in more upscale places. We were each offered a glass of wine when we checked in!
We loved our room: high ceilings, super comfy bed (I had one of the best sleeps I've had in a while), great decor.
The rooftop bar was a lot of fun as well. When we arrived there was a line to get to the rooftop bar but as hotel guest we did not have to wait in line.
There's a coffee place right across the street, and another one a block away (coffee is important to me). Easy neighborhood to walk in.
Highly recommend this hotel! One of the best/easiest in terms of location and friendliness of staff I've stayed in, in NYC.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
R_Taormina, General Manager at Refinery Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Thank you for posting Natalie A! We appreciate your kind words regarding our space and staff and look forward to your future visits.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Just returned from a fabulous New York wknd at the Refinery...as always, great attentive staff who couldn't do enough for you. Basha, is so helpful and always offering up good ideas of ways to enjoy your stay. I swear the best beds and linens are here...it's bad, because you want to linger in bed and can't because the city is calling with so much to do.

The roof top bar is seriously fun...crowded on a good night, but still worth a visit and a cocktail or 2.

The Refinery is my home away from home!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Susan B, thank you for continuing to be a guest of Refinery Hotel, we are thrilled to be your “fave” place to stay in Midtown! Thank you for your kind words about our staff and service. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

My partner and I selected the Refinery Hotel for a five day weekend in NYC for our 10th anniversary. What a pleasure it was to stay there! Refinery Hotel employs simply the best people I have ever come across in the service industry. From the moment we checked in, to five days later when we checked out, the service was nothing short of exemplary.

The lobby is very inviting; the lobby bar is exceptional! Live jazz music every evening. Who could ask for anything more? The lounge on the rooftop is absolutely beautiful, with friendly service and beautiful people.

The room is very well appointed, certainly not small, and comfortable beyond compare! The furnishings, the bed, the washroom, everything was absolutely perfect, clean and extremely comfortable. All of the creature comforts of home are available to you in the room right down to highly functioning air-conditioning and mood lighting.

The washroom and shower deserve a special mention here. It's fully stocked with all that you will need in terms of shampoos and body washes. The products they supply are quite lovely.

The free coffee in the lobby each morning is a really really nice added feature.

We had a beautiful long weekend in NYC. I must mention one more time the exemplary service of the staff people in this hotel from management right down to housekeeping, as every single person strove to ensure a successful visit. I guarantee my future visits to New York City will always mean stay at Refinery Hotel. I will not stay anywhere else!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your thoughtful post, GlobetrotterYYZ. We are happy to hear you had an excellent stay for your 10th Anniversary and are looking forward to seeing you on your next visit to New York!

Reviewed July 29, 2014

A four night stay (7/16 to 7/20) that ranks as my best experience ever in a New York City hotel. The Tripadvisor ranking enjoyed by The Refinery is absolutely deserved, from the extraordinary staff to the best appointed rooms I have encountered in my 20 years as a regular visitor to Manhattan. The rooftop bar is vibrant and cool without the intimidating feel that prevails in similar establishments. A great mid-town location and room to move in the suite which was appointed in a functional and stylish industrial manner. Bathroom also spacious with a lovely shower and fabulous water pressure. I couldn't fault the experience from check in to check out. All staff interactions were just wonderful but I must single out Patrick for a special thank you - service like yours will see The Refinery at #1 in no time. I can't wait to return!

Room Tip: High floor was great - no noise and elevators are quick.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

We are proud that you ranked us as the best, andyjmac. Thank you for your fantastic review, we are looking forward to your future visit!