4,704 results
All reviewsrooftop barparker quinnbryant parkhat factorythe empire state buildingcupcakesnew yorkmagnolia bakerygreat hotellive jazzhardwood floorsboutique hotelhotel gueststimes squaregreat boutiquecomfortable bedsstreet noise
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Just returned from a fabulous New York wknd at the Refinery...as always, great attentive staff who couldn't do enough for you. Basha, is so helpful and always offering up good ideas of ways to enjoy your stay. I swear the best beds and linens are here...it's bad, because you want to linger in bed and can't because the city is calling with so much to do.

The roof top bar is seriously fun...crowded on a good night, but still worth a visit and a cocktail or 2.

The Refinery is my home away from home!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
R_Taormina, General Manager at Refinery Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Susan B, thank you for continuing to be a guest of Refinery Hotel, we are thrilled to be your “fave” place to stay in Midtown! Thank you for your kind words about our staff and service. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

My partner and I selected the Refinery Hotel for a five day weekend in NYC for our 10th anniversary. What a pleasure it was to stay there! Refinery Hotel employs simply the best people I have ever come across in the service industry. From the moment we checked in, to five days later when we checked out, the service was nothing short of exemplary.

The lobby is very inviting; the lobby bar is exceptional! Live jazz music every evening. Who could ask for anything more? The lounge on the rooftop is absolutely beautiful, with friendly service and beautiful people.

The room is very well appointed, certainly not small, and comfortable beyond compare! The furnishings, the bed, the washroom, everything was absolutely perfect, clean and extremely comfortable. All of the creature comforts of home are available to you in the room right down to highly functioning air-conditioning and mood lighting.

The washroom and shower deserve a special mention here. It's fully stocked with all that you will need in terms of shampoos and body washes. The products they supply are quite lovely.

The free coffee in the lobby each morning is a really really nice added feature.

We had a beautiful long weekend in NYC. I must mention one more time the exemplary service of the staff people in this hotel from management right down to housekeeping, as every single person strove to ensure a successful visit. I guarantee my future visits to New York City will always mean stay at Refinery Hotel. I will not stay anywhere else!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your thoughtful post, GlobetrotterYYZ. We are happy to hear you had an excellent stay for your 10th Anniversary and are looking forward to seeing you on your next visit to New York!

Reviewed July 29, 2014

A four night stay (7/16 to 7/20) that ranks as my best experience ever in a New York City hotel. The Tripadvisor ranking enjoyed by The Refinery is absolutely deserved, from the extraordinary staff to the best appointed rooms I have encountered in my 20 years as a regular visitor to Manhattan. The rooftop bar is vibrant and cool without the intimidating feel that prevails in similar establishments. A great mid-town location and room to move in the suite which was appointed in a functional and stylish industrial manner. Bathroom also spacious with a lovely shower and fabulous water pressure. I couldn't fault the experience from check in to check out. All staff interactions were just wonderful but I must single out Patrick for a special thank you - service like yours will see The Refinery at #1 in no time. I can't wait to return!

Room Tip: High floor was great - no noise and elevators are quick.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

We are proud that you ranked us as the best, andyjmac. Thank you for your fantastic review, we are looking forward to your future visit!

Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Only stayed for a night, and had a room right by the elevator on the second floor but still not too bad with the sound. Looks pretty swanky too, a bit too formal for my comfort zone but still very nice. They also offer a discount for return guests.

Stayed: July 2014
R_Taormina, General Manager at Refinery Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Thank you for your review Emac424. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed July 25, 2014

I love industrial buildings and this former hat factory in NYCs Garment District was different. We had researched online and requested a room on the 9th floor to the rear. This meant we got a quiet room. Though to be honest, you don't go to mid-town in NY if you want quiet as you will be aware of traffic and sirens 24/7. Choose the upper West Side if you want silence. I'd not complain if I heard the fabulous jazz that emanated from the hotels bar in my room! The doormen are so funky in their dark jeans with denim shirts and braces. They look like they could break into dance moves to the jazz at any given moment!. The room we got was huge. The decor fabulous. Monochrome, simple lines, demure lighting. Attention to detail is superb. The furniture recycled from factory elements and solid brass shower fittings. Spotlessly clean, and super comfortable beds. Sumptuous dressing gowns (I would have purchased one, but it would have required an extra suitcase to itself on the return flight). One tiny thing that could be improved is the towels were a tad small. This is something that you seem to get in America, but not so in Europe. Just saying. Now back to the praise....there is the most fabulous rooftop bar with views of the Empire State. It's clearly busy with New Yorkers after work, who queue up outside to reach it. There is a separate elevator to the rooftop, which means non-guests are not given access to the residents floors and everyone is escorted by a member of staff to the bar. There are increasing media articles about this place - some rooms have views of the Empire State, some are quiet, others less so. Those in the know, know what to request. I'll definitely return next time I'm in NY.....if there's room, because this place will become the place to stay. I even considered giving it a rotten review, just to ensure that there would be availability next time I go. But it's just not possible. Finally thanks to the wonderful Raymond (you were right, Brooklyn was great!).

Room Tip: If you want quiet get a room to on the 9th floor and to the rear. If you want a view of the Empire State this is also possible from some rooms and, for everyone, from the rooftop bar.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Talamhgirl

Talamhgirl thank you for your thoughtful review. We are delighted when our guests appreciate the homage we have our building’s history. We would be delighted to welcome you back anytime.