4,704 results
All reviewsrooftop barparker quinnbryant parkhat factorythe empire state buildingcupcakesnew yorkmagnolia bakerygreat hotellive jazzhardwood floorsboutique hotelhotel gueststimes squaregreat boutiquecomfortable bedsstreet noise
Reviewed July 21, 2014

After searching for ages for a family hotel, booked this one after reading such good reviews. Travelling with two kids there was so much more we had to consider. What a fantastic place to stay. They treated us like we were the only people staying from the minute we arrived. Lovely decor and really spacious rooms. We had two double beds in our room and there was still loads of space to be comfortable and not get in each other's way. Lovely spacious bathroom too with gorgeous complimentary toiletries. Couldn't have picked a better location either. Near enough to Times Square to walk but far enough that the noise didn't spoil our much needed sleep at the end of a very long day of sight seeing . Would definitely recommend Refinery Hotel and I haven't even left yet :-)

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Becky B
R_Taormina, General Manager at Refinery Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Thank you for your recommendation Becky B! We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying your stay with us. Please feel free to reach out to us if you need anything to make your stay more comfortable or enjoyable. We are looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed July 21, 2014

I stayed 2 night at the Refinery this weekend. Overall, it was a great experience. The location was convenient, especially to Penn Station. The staff was very friendly on check-in, and was able to get me into a room at noon, much earlier than the 4pm check-in time. The room was spacious, and I loved the free coffee in the morning. I also liked that they supplied free earplugs, since my room was on the second floor and there was some street noise. Both Winnie's (the lobby bar) and the restaurant Parker & Quinn were very good, but the rooftop bar was noisy and packed. Only drawback was that it took ages to get hot water. When I called to ask about it, they sent up an engineer who was kind of obnoxious about it (when I said I could not get hot water, his response was "Are you sure?"). Apparently it takes several minutes for the hot water to travel from the boiler on the roof down to the lower floors. Still, it was a good experience and I'd stay there again, especially since I booked a great rate on Hotels Tonight.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank jw9691

We are pleased to hear that you found us, jw9691. We appreciate your feedback on our hot water and are following up on these details. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

First off, the location is great. It's central enough that you're within an easy walk to Times Square, Empire State Building, Broadway, Rockefeller, MoMA, 5th Ave. Shopping, libraries, parks, train stations, etc. but it's quiet enough to be a refuge from the hustle and bustle of the city.

Rooms are not so big, but the size is sufficient considering we're in the center of New York. They're tastefully simple and clean with artsy touches here and there. Overall it's a comfortable stay.

Service is helpful and friendly. I find encounters with people in New York to be generally cold and rushed but you can always come home to this hotel and expect to be greeted with familiarity and warmth.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank gggoesplaces

Gggoesplaces we greatly appreciate your thoughtful comments about our service and our location. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

This is a long overdue review for the Refinery. I stayed there in end Feb and March for ten days, and I wasn't sure what I had signed up for. But I was surprised. The hotel is run by an outstanding team who were always willing to deal with any request we had. Their service was with a smile and they took excellent care of us. Whenever we returned from a day out, we felt like we had come home. I would stay here a second time. Congratulations to the management for such great team! Keep it up!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Amohinani, thank you for your kind words regarding our staff and service. We are delighted that you are still thinking of us, and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed July 20, 2014

The hotel is very good, nice decoration and confortable room, very clean, well located and the staff is perfect!

Everybody treated us like we were the most important people in the world, and the hotel was busy everyday so it really made the difference. We travelled we two kids and they also like the place, but they were not allowed to go to the roof top bar because of the law.

Room Tip: rooms on the back of the building are quieter
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
R_Taormina, General Manager at Refinery Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff and our rooms Pedro S. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.