“The Refinery Hotel: NEW YORK CITY”
Review of Refinery Hotel

Refinery Hotel
Ranked #27 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Columbus, Ohio
“The Refinery Hotel: NEW YORK CITY”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

My recent stay at the Refinery Hotel was outstanding! Hotel staff, rooms, bellman...all fabulous!! Cool hotel at great price. It was a last minute choice that turned out to be wonderful! Thank you Refinery!!

Room Tip: I stayed on the 6th floor and had a good room. No view, but no noise, either!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
R_Taormina, General Manager at Refinery Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Kathy Q--thank you for your review. Your kind words and energy mean a lot to us and we hope to welcome you back to Refinery Hotel in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (612)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I've stayed in many locations in NYC and I have to say I like the Refinery the best. It's new and nicely appointed. The beds are great and the staff are very accommodating. The food is great and staff are all very helpful.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
R_Taormina, General Manager at Refinery Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
We always enjoy being considered the best, LB301. Thank you for your review--we hope you will be visiting us again in the future.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I travel a lot so for me to give such a rave review...the place must be extra special. The detail to the designs, rooms and even the privacy signs tells you that someone took a lot of care in designing the spaces. The staff was one of the most friendly and helpful staffs I have ever encountered. My bed was so comfy and room so quiet that I slept like a baby which is hard to do on the road. We will definitely be back.

Thanks for making our weekend extra special.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your enthusiastic review, rosabella. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 24, 2014

My 13 year old daughter and I stayed at the Refinery Hotel over Canadian March break a week ago. We were both very impressed with all aspects of the hotel. Location was central to everything, Bryant Park and Grand Central plus shopping in fashion district were very close by. 20 blocks easy walk to Central Park. Close to all the subways.

Service was impeccable. Room was stylish, quiet, comfortable beyond compare, and clean. We were on the 7th floor facing the courtyard so very quiet but no view. On check in we were upgraded at no cost to a double queen bed room, which was very much appreciated!

Didn't get a chance to see the rooftop since kids not allowed up at night, too bad.

The Restaurant food was delicious! Although expensive for breakfast - we ate there once and opted for Bryant Deli across the street for takeout breakfasts.

I would come back in a minute, but perhaps just with my husband next time. Very romantic hotel, with a great bar and singers most nights, but kids not allowed to sit in the bar area.

On our last day there I walked into first set of double glass doors at the entrance and slammed my nose! (My fault). Staff were so kind and helpful in getting me quick medical aid (all was fine!), free breakfast, etc. So much appreciated the kindness and care shown to me. Thanks to the hotel manager and great staff! However, would suggest the hotel put a stripe or some stylish graphic on the glass doors, so this doesn't happen to another patron!

Great hotel, wonderful visit!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Cindy B
Cindy B--thank you for your kind words. We are glad to hear that you had an overall excellent experience and we hope you will be making your return trip soon.
Derby
Reviewed March 24, 2014

What can I say that hasn't already been covered on the reviews?
We stayed for 5 nights and really can't fault the hotel or it's staff. We were welcomed with excellent service from the moment our cab arrived outside which made life easier after a long haul flight. Check in was smooth and as we were unpacking there was a knock on the door to give us complimentary water and the latest Time Out magazine for what was going on in the city.
The staff were very helpful in printing out tickets for the 9/11 memorial which we had booked on our iPad (free, fast wifi throughout the hotel), making sightseeing recommendations & giving us tips to save us time. Finally booking our cab back to JFK, taking into account busier traffic because it was the day of the St Patricks day parade.
We ate twice in the Parker & Quinn restaurant and couldn't fault the food or the service, likewise at the rooftop bar. The cocktails were dangerously gorgeous!
I would echo previous reviews in that the hotel is trendy without being pretentious & the bed was really comfy. The only (very slight) negatives would be the lack of tea/coffee making facilities in the room but at least there was a plentiful supply of free coffee in the lobby which certainly set us up for the day. Finally the wardrobe was of a reasonable size but did lack shelf space. Certainly neither of these detracted from the amazing stay & we would definitely look to go back should we return to NYC.

Room Tip: Higher the better (they do supply earplugs)
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
We look forward to your return visit, Elvister, thank you for your post.
Lund, Sweden
Reviewed March 23, 2014

One of the best hotels I have stayed in ( and I have travelled to more than 50 countries). What I like:
The staff - friendly, helpful and casual.
The room - beautiful, tasteful, fairly quiet considering the location in midtown. View of the Empire State building from our window. Beautiful bathroom. Someone with passion for design and concept have done a wonderful job.
Sleeping: Comfy beds and good curtains to make it dark.
Morning coffee: Go down to reception and get great free coffee to take back to your room to help you wake up.

Room Tip: As high up as possible in the building to get distance from the street voice. Or get a room not faci...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank KarinDelin
R_Taormina, General Manager at Refinery Hotel, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for your thoughtful review, KarinDelin--we are happy that you enjoyed almost all aspects of your stay with us and we look forward to your next visit.
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

The hotel makes a great first impression and reception made a good effort to get me a room with a view which was much appreciated! Aziz and Basha and all the doormen were extremely professional but the majority of the other hotel staff (reception & restaurant) came across as young and arrogant with no real focus or understanding on how important good customer service is. Each interaction I had left me thinking that the staff are not interested in making a good impression and would perhaps fit in better working in Abercrombie & Fitch where they are paid to act and be cool.

Overall I enjoyed my stay but would say that the hotel staff need a stronger focus on the little things that often make a big difference.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
We value your feedback, Schradd123, and will be reviewing these details with our team as we continue to improve and refine our service. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future.