“Perfect Experience”

Ranked #24 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Holland, Pennsylvania
“Perfect Experience”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We just came back from 3 days at the Refinery Hotel and loved the experience. Lots of "greats" to boast about, location, building, rooms, staff, rooftop bar, restaurant. We enjoyed everything about the Refinery and our experience there. We'd highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Worth upgrading to a king room, instead of a queen. We got a nice view of the Empire State Building...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
R_Taormina, General Manager at Refinery Hotel, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
We are always proud to be considered perfect, laikador, thank you for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back to Refinery Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (603)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
BC
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights before our trip to South Africa. I have to say first of all that New York is extremely expensive in every aspect. For what we paid, I thought it should be more luxurious but having stayed a night at the Hyatt in Grand Central on the way back, I think this hotel was well worth the price. It was very clean and had a really modern decor. I liked the look and feel of it and the staff was incredible. There was a coffee station in the lobby right by the elevator so that was convenient. We had a couple of drinks and snacks on the rooftop bar which was excellent (and yes expensive). There was a singer in the lobby lounge one night which was really nice. The location was excellent, we could walk almost everywhere. There were some good restaurants close by including the one that is attached to the hotel although I don't think it is owned by the hotel. I would stay here again, I wished I would have stayed here on the way back from our trip but that's another review.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your post, BeautifulBC-7, we hope you will stay with us again in the future.
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I recently moved away from NYC and returned weeks later to celebrate my 30th birthday. I had my party on the rooftop and decided to also stay at the hotel out of convenience -- and I am SO HAPPY that I did :)

We were welcomed with wine at check in and found a birthday bottle of wine with a kind hand-written note in the room. The room was gorgeously done with rustic touches and a modern elegance. The interior designer is a genius with how to maximize space. I was so thoroughly impressed with my stay (Free Coffee & Tea in the AM) and look forward to the Refinery Hotel being my new home in NYC for weekend trips :)

The location is perfectly located in the heart of town near several subway stops without being too touristy (far away enough from Times Square).

The rooftop is divine, don't miss out on this gem during your stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Happy to hear you enjoyed an excellent stay with us, kkf114--we look forward to your next visit.
Milan, Italy
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Overall our stay was very good. Initially, we had a slow start as we were unable to have our room until 2pm despite arriving shortly after 9am. However the room or should I say suite (Atelier) was excellent. Excellent service too from management resolving these minor teething issues. Can't beat the location and size of room given location. Good value will stay again when next in New York.

Room Tip: Atelier suite at rear are quiet and large
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
R_Taormina, General Manager at Refinery Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
We look forward to your next stay with us, Analyste, and thank you for your post.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed December 3, 2013

This hotel gives the impression of a luxury boutique hotel, but to be honest I don't think I would stay here again. Check in went fine, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. We were given a room facing the street. I did not sleep a wink the first night. It is incredibly loud. I simply can't give high marks to a hotel in which I cannot obtain a good night's sleep. I took a sleep aid the next night. The sheets were rather rough, and the towels were very scratchy and hard (not luxurious). The television set was hung improperly and was crooked on the wall. The rooftop bar is nice with incredible views. All in all, I would go someplace else.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank travelgeek163
We appreciate your feedback, travelgeek163, and will be reviewing the details you have provided as we continue to improve. We hope you will consider visiting us again in the future.
Milan, Italy
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Great new hotel located in a former millinery and conveniently placed in the heart of the Garment district. The friendliest and most helpful staff ever found (thank you Basha!). Lovely decor and superb roof-top bar and terrace with close views of the Empire State Building and of the Bank of America Tower (Martini was perfect). Ideal for both families and young travellers (European holiday makers will simply love it). Keep up the good work!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DavideSagliocca
R_Taormina, General Manager at Refinery Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
The superlatives are much appreciated, DavideSagliocca. Thank you for taking the time to post-- we hope to welcome you back to Refinery Hotel in the future.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed December 2, 2013

This a great and comfortable place to stay in the city. Its in the heart of midtown with main attractions in NYC only steps away. Great view of the Empire State Building on their rooftop which is also a bar and restaurant. Went here with a group of friends and we had a great time the whole weekend. It could be pricey if you are on a budget but its a worth experience. Its classy, chic, cool and clean!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jiev16
Thank you for your review, Jiev16. We look forward to your visiting us again soon.