“AMAZING NEW GEM!!!!!!!! - I WAS THE FIRST GUEST”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Refinery Hotel

Refinery Hotel
Ranked #25 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Los Angeles, California
“AMAZING NEW GEM!!!!!!!! - I WAS THE FIRST GUEST”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

I was the very FIRST GUEST to check into this Brand New Hotel! I was greeted by the General Manager and the Director of Sales upon my arrival. It was such a huge honor for me to be the first guest to enter this brand new gem of a hotel! Hundreds of Thousands of people will enter this hotel in the years to come and I can GUARANTEE that you will LOVE IT! This is a small luxury boutique hotel so you have the feel of being home and not just a number which is so nice in such a busy city. Being from Malibu I am used to beauty and serenity and I can say that this hotel hit the nail on the head! The rooms are spacious and comfortable, the bathrooms are very cute and they use great linens which is nice when you are away from home! I loved the lobby. Who is your designer? They did a GREAT job with all of the litle details I was highly impressed!

The restaurant staff were amazing the food was so good! In the next month or so they are opening their rooftop which has a full bar and a glass ceiling that is retractable so you can use the space year round! This is a genius idea seeing how in NY one day is really nice and the next day can be rainy. I give this hotel 5 stars! The staff is so amazingly nice and eager to want to help and go the extra mile for you. I loved the entire front desk team! Trust me when your feet are killing you after walking around this city every bit of extra help goes a long way! I would personally like to thank both the GM and The Director of Sales for such a lovely stay and I cannot wait to be your guest again in the near future!

Cheers from Malibu!

Room Tip: Ask fior a room with the larger bathroom mine was so spacious!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank chad_11
R_Taormina, General Manager at Refinery Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you, chad_11—so proud that you would call us a home away from home! Thanks also for noticing all of our little details—we, too, are excited for the rooftop and can’t wait for its opening later this month. Looking forward to welcoming you back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (597)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

We just completed a two night stay at the Refinery. It was outstanding!!! The staff was solicitious to our every need from the moment we were greeted in the lobby for check in. The food at Parker and Quinns was outstanding both nights and the service was terrific. The room was very clean and well appointed. Beds were very comfortable.

I would highly recommend this hotel . And with the additions being planned for the Rooftop Bar and Lounge it will only get better.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting, jpd63. We are so glad you enjoyed the rooms and Parker & Quinn—we look forward to having you back again soon!
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

In the spirit of the Garment district, 'one day you're in and next day you're out' halp applies.... with all the great reviews, it's more like: 'and next day you're still in!.
All the staff are incredibly welcoming - and that's each and every time you re-enter the hotel. As I prefer my room to be as noise free as possible at night, staff quickly allowed me to shift to a different room in the hotel, where the room was blissfully silent. The decor is minimalistsic, but still extremely comfortable with just the right eclectic blend of old and new : heritage style bathroom with detailed monogram tiled in to the marble floor but good lighting/shower. The location is excellent - re-furbed Macy's nearby, large department store a few mins away on 38th Street, subway to quickly get you to interesting areas up and down town, lots of salad bars and lush, green Bryant Park is a 5 min walk down the street, Culture Espresso ( try any of the cakes/biscuits) just across the road.......hard to leave.

Room Tip: Lose a rooms with a street view to get a quieter room in the centre corridors of the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
R_Taormina, General Manager at Refinery Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Your kind words are much appreciated, Tedds16! We’re so happy you enjoyed the room and noted our special décor. We cannot wait to welcome you back to Refinery Hotel.
New york City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

I enjoyed staying at this Hotel. they were very friendly and the staff made sure that all my needs were satisfied. Its a Great location and I am sure you will enjoy it also. The room was very clean and I highly recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
R_Taormina, General Manager at Refinery Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for your review, Michael Anthony D--and thank you for recognizing our housekeeping staff's fantastic work. We look forward to your next visit.
Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Where to START! This place in Excellent! My wife and I had come to New York to attend Surtex, a show for Artist to Exhibit art for potential licensing. Well, the first day we had to rush by and asked if the hotel could watch our baggage until check in time. That time would be three hours away. Yes, that was the answer. Next, the BIG SURPRISE!! When we came back the Management and Staff greeted with an upgrade!!!! We went from a nice room to a spacious Executive Suite for our entire stay!!! Wow! Incredible!! I know, lots of capitals and exclamations, but this is way cool . . . The executive suite is twice as large and plenty of space. One really cool thing through the whole stay is wine between 6 to 8 pm nightly. What can I say about the staff. Every kind word and super genuine in their delight to be helpful. We really began to not want to leave the Refinery Boutique Hotel as the final day of departure approached. To summize, excellent staff, plus wonderful suite made for a stay that will remain with my wife and I forever!!! We will return as soon as possible. This will be our stay of choice. The owners know how to make a great hotel. Plus, the rooftop deck, which is not open at this time, will be a hit!!! Have a great stay at the Refinery!!!

Room Tip: For total comfort as though you actually live in New York, the Executive Suite!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
R_Taormina, General Manager at Refinery Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you, we are so happy you enjoyed your stay, William-and-Keiko, and that we could be a part of a memorable trip—looking forward to your next visit!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

My daughters and I stayed 2 nights at the Refinery and our stay just got better and better! First of all the staff is beyond friendly and accomodating. We were in town because my daughter was being recognized at a ceremony at Carnegie Hall through the Scholastic Art and Writing awards for a short story she submitted. When we first arrived, the girls at the front desk (especially Alice and Renita) were so sweet and made my daughters feel like celebrities! Alice took pictures of us and sent them to our email address. When we returned that evening, there were two gourmet cupcakes from a local bakery with a personalized note. Every time we came and went, there were smiles and congratulations from everyone. The bellman were all so genuinely sweet and helpful. We wanted to take Basha home with us. He told us a story about his newborn daughters' first smile that melted our hearts. And the room! The bed was honestly the most comfortable I have ever slept in. The furniture and fixtures are unique and of quality materials reminiscent of a bygone era. The linens are Frette, what a nice touch! The high ceilings make the room appear larger than it is, but it is not overly small to begin with, especially by NY standards. The concept and design of the hotel is another unique feature. Renita explained to us that the building used to be a hat factory and the tools and felt used to make hats is incorporated into the artwork in the lobby. Very unique. We were there during their soft opening, whcih meant that some amenities were not yet ready, but there was a note explaining this and we did not feel like we were missing out on anything because we knew what to expect. We happened to be there on the opening night of the restaurant, which is so funky and cozy and well designed. We got in late from the ballet one evening and we asked if the restaurant was open just for dessert. They led us to the restaurant which is behind the front lobby area and the chef came out to personally describe to us the desserts of the evening. We ordered one and received the second one as "compliments of the chef". They were both exquisite! Our waitress, Bunmi, was so pleasant and accomodating. We had such a lovely time getting to know her and she even gave us her email address so that we could send her my daughters short story to read because she was so interested. This was such a memorable trip to NY for us, due in most part to the genuine kindness of the staff. Overall, we will definitely be returning to the Refinery on our next trip to NY.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank seetina7119
R_Taormina, General Manager at Refinery Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for your post, seetina7119. We are so happy to be part of such wonderful memories and look forward to having you and your family back again soon!
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

I just got back from 3 nights at Refinery, and it was one of my favorite NY trips in recent memory. The hotel is brand new and while they are still working a few things out, the service is impeccable. Super friendly staff and great food (the restaurant, Parker-Quinn, is excellent) make for a sophisticated but casual environment. The decor preserves many facets of the hotel's past a hat factory, a sort of victorian industrial that's more modern than steampunk. The rooms are well-appointed with Frette linens, super cushy bed, giant tiled shower and a desk fashioned from a sewing machine table.

The staff is great and give fantastic restaurant reccos. I really enjoyed my stay and hope to return later this summer when they open their rooftop bar. Got a quick tour of the construction and it is going to be awesome. Check it out :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
R_Taormina, General Manager at Refinery Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for your fantastic review, Miznixie! So glad you noticed all the little details we are so proud of here at Refinery Hotel and that you enjoyed Parker & Quinn. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!