“An NYC gem”

Ranked #2,698 of 14,125 Restaurants in New York City
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We were delighted when this famed deli opened an outpost in our neighborhood. Yes it's pricey, but the portions are generous and the matzoh balls always fluffy. Service is friendly and the complimentary shots of chocolate soda at the end add a nice touch.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

One of the few remaining delicatessans in NYC, and still going strong. Food is really delicious--and plentiful. Service is tops, and atmosphere is perfect for a deli.

Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

We ate lunch here one day and then came back again for dinner another night. It's very close up the affinia dumont, so is good for days you need to just go close by. We had the Jewish penicillin soup and pastrami sandwiches! I've never had anything like that sandwich before, so delicious and melt in mouth!!! You also get given salad and gherkins. Lotsa Jewish people eating there too, feels very authentic! Loved it!!!

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Every time I come to New York, I look forward to eating here. If you are looking for authentic delicatessen this is the place. The best pastrami sandwich I have ever had. I recommend doing a half and half, half corned beef, half pastrami. Homemade gherkins, and delicious soups. I can't wait for my next trip!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We called ahead to see if they could handle a party of twelve, it was 12:15 pm on a Friday. We were all seated and fed the best Deli selection in New York, i know thats pushing it , but it's that good. And nobody has to be rude to get it done. i find the more famous Deli's to be much less customer oriented and a lot less clean. never a bad meal here, and open till midnight

1  Thank Buckly56