“Great place, arrogant service”
Review of Aire Ancient Bath

Aire Ancient Bath
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The bath house is a great place to visit. Being from out of town, we wound up getting to the bath house early. We called to make a reservation, and they were a bit NY rude on the phone, and when we got there early, they made a show of "checking" to see if it was OK if we went in early. Although they said it was "overflow", it was pretty empty, and then after making us wait for a "decision," they "let us" in early. All for show, and unnecessary, but once inside, it was a great experience. Dont let the term bathouse fool you - there is nothing perverted or weird about it, you have to wear a bathing suit (bring your own) and even slippers into the pools. A great experience, despite the trendies who need to make you feel subordinate, and worth the money.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I want to start saying that I've been coming here regularly, nice relaxing place.

Pro: You find everything you need in the lock room, (lotion,shaving cream, ect)
6 different bath, from the massage bubble pool to the super cold one.

Cons: For the price you paying they should have more option and not only 1 steam room, ( is missing a dry sauna, Wood-heated saunas, ect)

Last time I was there it was a mess the staff was completely disorganized, missing water and tea, no plastic cups, no towels.
I spend a lot of $$$ to come here to relax and I don't want to chase staff people and asking for things.

So dear AIRE try to improve on your customer service.

9  Thank Vito D
Reviewed February 23, 2013

It was a chilly February evening when my wife and I turned up for our appointment. The windows in the reception area were steamed up, a sign of the warmth that awaited inside.

Once changed into your bathing costume, you're led out to the main spa area for a tour of the various facilities.

The room is big, dark & warm, the only light is from candles and the underwater pool lights.

Before using the baths, we had an hours couple massage. The girls were very good and the hour passed way too quickly. (just my own personal opinion but couples massages are amazing... a girl rubs her hands all over your body while another girl rubs her hands all over your wives body... and your wife is perfectly ok with this, genius!) I digress.

The baths were amazing, I liked to move between the coldest pool(dunk for 10secs) and the warmest pool (relax for 5mins). The sensation from cold to hot was fantastic.

The salt pool was very relaxing, the closest you can get to the Dead Sea with out actually being there. Once you get used to it and let your body completely relax you could easily fall asleep.

One slight complaint... in the hour I spent moving from pool to pool, the pool with the powerful bubbles had the same 6/7 women in it. This meant there was no room for anyone else. It would have been nice if the staff kept an eye on this kind of thing and quietly/politely asked them to move on. Neither my wife or I got to try it.

2  Thank TonyShields1970
Reviewed January 31, 2013

All I can say is OMG OMG OMG! From the moment you walk in you are treated like a goddess (or god). Tea is served and was welcomed on this cold Saturday afternoon. They book 20 individuals at a session including couples, gay or straight, whoever. It was a BD celebration for me and as I descended into the TriBeCa cavern with only candles burning to set the mood, I was immediately transformed to another place in time. 6 different pools with various temperatures and functions (like the zero gravity salt water pool) and the whirlpool that almost lift you off of the jets. A steam room infused with eucalyptus in the center with plenty of flavored waters and teas to rehydrate you. The place is kept immaculate. Voices are whispers bubbling over the tranquil water sounds and the HOUR massage was unbelievable. Ask for Guilliermo. OMG. Everything is private & quiet. The staff is friendly & sooooo attentive. I'm returning with my BFF- can't wait.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

My partner gave me (us) a session at Aire for Christmas. I couldn't have asked for a better gift. We booked for an early appointment on a Sunday morning. There were few folks there at that time, so it was very private and quiet. The facilities were clean and well maintained and attractive -- low light and candles, exposed brick, marble-lined pools very evocative of ancient baths. Lots of efficient and friendly staff providing fresh towels etc. as well as guidance for all the bath options from the salt pool and hammam to the hot and cold pools. The massage was very good. The best part of the experience was having the opportunity to continue the various baths after the massage. That really capped off the experience, making it a perfect, incredibly relaxing way to start a lazy Sunday in the City. My partner is considering playing hooky from work now for a mid-week treatment. One recommendation if you go: be sure to really plunge into the cold pools after the hot pools... exhilarating, cathartic, and relaxing. We already have a list of folks who we will recommend Aire to. We will most definately be back. It's hours later as I write this review and I still feel the salutary effects of our visit to Aire.