“Great Tour!”

Sidewalks of NY Food Truck Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Eat your way through the best street food in the greatest city in the world! New York Food Truck Tours offer mouthwatering excursions to the tastiest and most interesting New York Food Trucks. Street food in New York has its own unique, ever-changing culture as well as a long and rich history. At New York Food Truck Tours, we take you to the New York food trucks that the locals frequent, so you can experience the real flavors, people and culinary energy that you can only find in NYC. Choose from one of our three food truck and cart tours in Downtown, Midtown or Union Square West.
Orlando
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great Tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

My friend and I always do a food tour when we visit NYC. We have tried most of the companies and found them to be really good. Sidewalks of NY was no exception. We took the Food Truck Tour. It was led by the owner of the company, Josh, and he was very knowledgeable about the world of food trucks, giving us information on everything from the expenses associated with opening and running a food truck (and cart) to the income one can expect. He mostly picked food trucks and carts that had received the coveted Vendy awards. The food was excellent! We were initially unhappy because there were 13 of us on the tour and most of the previous tours we had been on we're much smaller. However, the size posed no problem and Josh managed to keep all of us under control. One warning--the portions are large, so you will probably be stuffed when you finish. We didn't even need dinner that night! Highly recommend this tour.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank TravelHaven1

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This native NY'er actually learned something”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

I'm a native New Yorker, and sometimes forget that certain things are special in New York. Food trucks are one of them. I am a big fan of eating a little bit of everything, so this tour allowed me to sample truck cuisines that I didn't dare try out before - and found them to be good! I've noticed since the tour that I now keep my eyes out to see if a food truck has won a Vendy award, and I point out to others how clean and sanitary the trucks are - more than restaurants. The tour was a great combination of some delicious food of different types, as well as interesting and important information about food trucks themselves.

1 Thank NYAngelofMusic
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious and informative!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

I've lived in New York City for over four years, and have been shamefully ignorant of the whole food truck subculture! I've eaten from a few choice carts over the years, but was never really brave enough to venture out and try new things.

This tour was wonderful not only because of the delicious food, but the information we received. It was really interesting learning about the process that the truckers go through in starting and maintaining a business, and how that compares to the brick and mortar restaurant business. I loved learning how they're rated and reviewed, and was relieved to learn about the rigorous inspections they are subjected to!

We got wonderful dishes from 5 different carts in midtown and the Union Square area, and I couldn't have asked for better options (there are veggie options too!). My favorites were the Kati roll and Mexican tacos, and of course the ice cream sandwiches!! Highly recommended for tourists and locals alike.

1 Thank evajeanne
New York, New York, United States
“Fantastic Tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Took this fantastic tour lead by tour guide Megan. She was incredibly knowledgeable about the fascinating history of these trucks and of the industry in general. The food was delicious and I hope to do it again sometime!

New York, New York, United States
“A DeliciousTaste Of Midtown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

I wanted to do something fun and foodie during my birthday weekend and decided to take the Midtown Food Truck Tour. Great call! I had my sister in from out of town who was interested in starting her own truck, so this was tasty research for her.

Our guide was cool, laid back, and super informative - the perfect combination for this type of tour. We got to know about the origins of each of the carts/trucks, as well as the culture of this new trend that has taken hold of cities across the country.

The portions were substantial - more than enough for lunch. And they provided vegetarian options as I do not eat meat - and they were DELICIOUS! I have never had a better Kati roll or authentic Mexican taco.

Even when we had a little hiccup (one of the truck had a new person and was a little confused, having to make a few calls), our guide handled it easily and professionally.

I would highly recommend this tour to tourists and locals alike.