“Delicious and informative!”

Sidewalks of NY Food Truck Tours
Ranked #38 of 104 Food & Drink in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Eat your way through the best street food in the greatest city in the world! New York Food Truck Tours offer mouthwatering excursions to the tastiest and most interesting New York Food Trucks. Street food in New York has its own unique, ever-changing culture as well as a long and rich history. At New York Food Truck Tours, we take you to the New York food trucks that the locals frequent, so you can experience the real flavors, people and culinary energy that you can only find in NYC. Choose from one of our three food truck and cart tours in Downtown, Midtown or Union Square West.
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious and informative!”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I've lived in New York City for over four years, and have been shamefully ignorant of the whole food truck subculture! I've eaten from a few choice carts over the years, but was never really brave enough to venture out and try new things.

This tour was wonderful not only because of the delicious food, but the information we received. It was really interesting learning about the process that the truckers go through in starting and maintaining a business, and how that compares to the brick and mortar restaurant business. I loved learning how they're rated and reviewed, and was relieved to learn about the rigorous inspections they are subjected to!

We got wonderful dishes from 5 different carts in midtown and the Union Square area, and I couldn't have asked for better options (there are veggie options too!). My favorites were the Kati roll and Mexican tacos, and of course the ice cream sandwiches!! Highly recommended for tourists and locals alike.

1 Thank evajeanne

“Fantastic Tour!”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Took this fantastic tour lead by tour guide Megan. She was incredibly knowledgeable about the fascinating history of these trucks and of the industry in general. The food was delicious and I hope to do it again sometime!

New York, New York, United States
“A DeliciousTaste Of Midtown”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I wanted to do something fun and foodie during my birthday weekend and decided to take the Midtown Food Truck Tour. Great call! I had my sister in from out of town who was interested in starting her own truck, so this was tasty research for her.

Our guide was cool, laid back, and super informative - the perfect combination for this type of tour. We got to know about the origins of each of the carts/trucks, as well as the culture of this new trend that has taken hold of cities across the country.

The portions were substantial - more than enough for lunch. And they provided vegetarian options as I do not eat meat - and they were DELICIOUS! I have never had a better Kati roll or authentic Mexican taco.

Even when we had a little hiccup (one of the truck had a new person and was a little confused, having to make a few calls), our guide handled it easily and professionally.

I would highly recommend this tour to tourists and locals alike.

New York City, New York
“Midtown food carts of NYC was awesome!!!”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

SO as a New Yorker I am always looking to do something new and different on the weekends. I had a friend who recently went on Sidewalks of NY tours here in the city and raved about it...so I thought what the heck...Ill give it a shot. I booked the Midtown Food Card tour. I had an amazing time learning and experiencing something I see every day an really knew nothing about. Midtown Food Carts and different kinds of foods. I seemed to think prior to this that food carts were all hot dog, pretzel, and Halal. Boy was I wrong. Our guide was incredibly knowledgable, interesting, and fun. Not only did we get to learn some stuff...but the food....wow everything from Banglideshi to Mexician to Fusion to amazing Ice Cream! I was sooo stuffed by the end of the tour I didnt eat dinner that night. I would highly recommend this to all my friends wanting to try and learning something new about this amazing city we live in. Def gonna try the other tours they offer

New York, New York, United States
“Interesting and Fun - Great for Locals and Tourists!”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I already love NY food trucks, so I was immediately interested in this tour with Sidewalks of NY. I was just expecting to come away with a couple of new food truck 'destinations', but this tour was much more than that! Our tour guide was very knowledgeable, personable, and engaging. I learned so much about the food truck/cart industry and what exactly goes into becoming and maintaining that business. Plus, we visited 5 very different food vendors from Midtown to Union Square, and all were delicious!

Overall, it was a great way to spend my Saturday morning, and I would definitely go on another tour with Sidewalks of NY- in fact, I'm already planning it! These tours are very creative and provide a deeper insight into NYC than other 'touristy' tours. Can't wait for more!