“Best Italian restaurant in NYC, hands down ”
Review of Rafele

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Cross street: Morton st,
Transit: The nearest subway stations are: West4 on 6th ave where A,C,E,D,B,F,M trains are available and Christopher st station where number 1 train is available.
Reviewed September 3, 2016 via mobile

I saw the chef on Chopped and noted that he cooked like me. I visited his restaurant and the food exceeded my expectations, as did the service. The chef/owner is so welcoming. I've been back twice and feel like a regular. They remember my name and treat me like a queen. I recommend this restaurant to all who visit New York!

2  Thank ginacapp

Reviewed September 3, 2016 via mobile

We come to NYC frequently to visit a daughter and family friends. Raffle has been in our restaurant "rotation" for some time always enjoying our meal. Recently, our experience was mixed....My Rafele Pizza(prosciutto, parm and arugula) was very good but the gnocchi,usually enjoyed by my wife) was unduly salted....appetizers were solid but our recent experience was "less than"....hopefully will be better next time..

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed August 31, 2016

We love Italian food and this restaurant was fist recommended by our hotel. The atmosphere is lively and friendly, lots of people enjoying themselves. The food is excellent and plentiful and the service from the waiting staff is amongst the best we have ever had. On a previous occasion, Rafele came around to talk to the diners and seemed a genuinely nice guy. On this occasion,my wife ate the panna cotta which she loved and I had the ricotta cheesecake which was exceptional by any standard. We love this place and dine here whenever we are in New York.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed August 30, 2016

Rafele is a popular West Village Italian restaurant. All appetizers and entrees were reported to by very good by all eight in our party. From the fresh fish to the lamb ragu, all were tasty, ample portions. No one left hungry. The specialty drinks of all types were popular with our group - maybe too popular. The Bourbon Manhattan with orange peel was an interesting twist on the more traditional cherry and added a flavor not normally associated with Manhattans. Service was knowledgeable and attentive. Servers didn't hover, nor did they get lost for long stretches. As one might expect in the WVill, the restaurant got crowded as the night wore on and progressively more noisy to point where conversation was challenging. Nonetheless, the energy in the dining room actually did add a positive quality to the whole experience. Just know where you're going. Rafele is not for an intimate dinner for two, but it is a great place for a non-intimate celebration.

Reviewed August 29, 2016

We came back to this restaurant for dinner because we tasted and were impressed with their Classic Eggplant Rollatini during the Original Greenwich Village Food Tasting & Cultural Walking Tour (by Foods of New York Tours). As part of the food tour, we receive many coupons. The one for this restaurant is $45 for 4 course Chef’s Tasting Menu. The 4 courses are (1) appetizer, (2) pasta, (3) meat, and (4) dessert. There were 4 of us. What surprised us were the amount of food we got. There were 5 different appetizers (rice ball, small pizza, meat ball, eggplant with Focacio bread), and salad), 2 different types of pasta, 2 different types of meats (beef and pork with a cauliflower side dish), and two different types of dessert (Ricotta Cheese Cake and a Flan). They were all amazingly good. This is the best multicourse dinner I ever had. If you ever take this tour, I strongly recommend you take advantage of this coupon.