“Absolutely perfect!”
Review of Rafele

Rafele
Reserve with OpenTable
Rafele is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 13,689 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: West Village
Cross street: Morton st,
Transit: The nearest subway stations are: West4 on 6th ave where A,C,E,D,B,F,M trains are available and Christopher st station where number 1 train is available.
Asbury Park, New Jersey
“Absolutely perfect!”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

This was one of the best Italian restaurants we've been to in a long time. The food was exceptional and well priced. The staff completely attentive and the Chef Rafele makes you feel like you are part of his extended family. We can't wait to return to this wonderful restaurant. What a find!!

2 Thank 964SteveT

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, service slow”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Went to Rafele with five other friends last Friday night and we had a reservation for 6 people for 8.30pm. When we arrived, the restaurant was very busy and our table wasn't ready. The manager did apologise and gave us a complimentary glass of Prosecco but we had to ask on a number of occasions about our table and it took close to an hour before they put us at the chef' stable because there was still nothing available. During that time, the restaurant staff did not come back to us to take a drinks order which was disappointing.

Once seated, we were brought some complimentary starters, breads, meatballs, artichokes and arancini and things certainly picked up. I can't fault the food, it was brilliant, really tasty Italian food. We shared some frittto misto as well as the complimentary starters and the prawns were as good as anything I have tasted. My main was the gnocchi and the sauce was divine. Despite the slow start to the evening, I would definitely go back as the food was definitely worth another go. Maybe the key is to go as a smaller group.

3 Thank Neiley7272
Henley on Thames Oxfordshire
“Lovely food and great service”
Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

Make sure you book a table it gets very busy. Delicious food and great service and loads of specials in addition to the menu. We really enjoyed the buzz of the place

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Julia M
Lake Charles, LA
“Great Italian find”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

We visited last week for my birthday w/ a large group. Unfortunately, they lost my reservation, but gladly accommodated us. We chose a number of appetizers, three pizzas and three pastas to sample. Every dish was outstanding. The calamari were the best I have had recently, delicately breaded and fried without a whisp of greasiness. The artichokes were fried without breading (alla giudica) and were equally delicious. The arancini and prosciutto on fried bread were also great. Rafele manages to fry very well - there is no perception of heaviness in any of their fried dishes. The pizzas match the perfection of the fried dishes. The dough is light and has an excellent chew or bite. Wood over helps deliver flavor in the crust. The ingredients atop the pizza are also creative - prosciutto and arugula was excellent, as was the "egg" pizza. Finally, the pasta were also top notch and very different. I am not certain how the owners expect anyone to get past the appetizers and pizza/pastas to order "entrées". We ordered desserts despite being stuffed, and found that even in our satiated states, the desserts were also exceptional. The waitstaff was very helpful accommodating the large party and serving an awkward shaped table. While I unfortunately do not live in NYC, I plan to return at my next visit.

1 Thank GRtraveler_8
Zemst, Belgium
“Delicious pasta and pizza and the best cheesecake ever”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Just back home from one week in NYC. I really have no time to write a review for every restaurant we ve visited but I make one exception or Rafele which me and my family (in total 7 persons) have unanimously chosen as best restaurant of our trip. Ravioli with spinach and ricotta is often found on the menu of Italian restaurants but I've never had such a tasty version as at Rafele's. We did not ask for a dessert but we were offered two pieces of cheesecake. This was really delicious! So do not hesitate, but make a reservation to be sure of a table in this lovely restaurant!