“A gratifying surprise!!!”
Review of Rafele

Rafele
Reserve with OpenTable
Rafele is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 13,684 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: West Village
Cross street: Morton st,
Transit: The nearest subway stations are: West4 on 6th ave where A,C,E,D,B,F,M trains are available and Christopher st station where number 1 train is available.
“A gratifying surprise!!!”
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

I had a reservation for Daniel yesterday night but decided for an early informal dinner. I looked at TA for an italian restaurant and find Rafele as No.1. I will have never imagined that I was going to be so well attended and that dining and wining will be so gratifying there.
We had a Negroni and a Aperol spritzel as we had to wait 10 minutes for a table.
Rafele melanzane appetizer is excellent. My wife and I also ordered a burrata and the grill calamari and shrimp which were perfect.
For the main courses she had the Branzino which was one of the best I haver ever tried and I have the lamb ragu with pasta which was very good.
We ordered a bottle of a supertuscan that I didn't know, a Pergolaia 2008, that was simply perfect and at $70.00 even better.
Deserts of tiramisu and pana cotta and vin santo completed a perfect dinner.
Congrats Rafele big time!!!!

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
“One of the Best”
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

We had chosen the highest quality up until now when we fell back on good ole TP verdicts - wow did that payoff. The atmosphere was brilliant - you felt you were eating in someone's front room with 30/40 odd other guests. The team are so friendly and attentive it is superb. Well done I have eaten at many a multiple Michelin stars but I really enjoyed tonight it was excellent food and enjoyment. N

Visited June 2014
Stamford, Connecticut
“delicious and fresh”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I came here for my birthday dinner and was not disappointed! There were 4 of us and we all ordered different entrees and each were delicious. They make their pasta in house. My favorite was the pasta with mushrooms as it was the most flavorful. The dip brought with the bread was amazing and for dessert, we had their cheesecake which was light and fluffy. I would recommend and we will go back.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank TravelBug683
Neenah, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic dining experience”
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

My family and I had an absolutely wonderful dinner at Rafele. The staff were friendly and efficient. The food was superlative. We sampled quite a few dishes amongst the four of us and every one was delicious. It was obvious that the chef was very hands on, as he made several appearances in the dining room while we were there. His attentiveness was evident in the meticulously prepared food.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Marley K
“The Best Italian Food!!!!! Wonderful”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We stayed in NYC from 5th June to 9th June and dined at Rafele on Thursday night. We booked based on Trip Advisor reviews and was not wrong. This is a fabulous italian restaurant, the location is brilliant and the food is to die for! We had risotto balls and proscuitto ham to start and lamb ragu and spinach raviolli as a main course. This cannot be faulted, the food is as good as you will get in NYC for an italian I am sure - avoid the tourist traps and come here. The staff were also brilliant and even joked with them about the world cup England v Italy match! This district is also brilliant with loads of trendy bars to drink at, making an overall night out perfect - highly recomend this place - THANK YOU RAFELE

• Visited June 2014