“Fantastic Thanksgiving Dinner”
Review of Rafele

Rafele
Reserve with OpenTable
Rafele is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 14,522 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: West Village
Cross street: Morton st,
Transit: The nearest subway stations are: West4 on 6th ave where A,C,E,D,B,F,M trains are available and Christopher st station where number 1 train is available.
Reviewed December 7, 2013

The last thing I had to do while visiting NYC for the Macy's Day parade was to make reservations for Thanksgiving dinner. I expected availability to be limited at the popular and trendy places and I also expected the prices to be high. My expectations were met on both accounts. I was almost resigned to having a turkey sandwich at one of the NYC deli's when a friend of mine recommended Rafele. She had dined at Rafele during her trip to NYC last summer and spoke highly about the service and the food. I looked at the pre-fixe menu online and it looked reasonable and delicious and I called to check availability. The woman who took my call genuinely made me feel like she wanted me to join their family for dinner. When we arrived we were immediately seated and we were presented with the evening's menu. The pace of the meal was perfect - attentive service, but we did not feel rushed. The food was delicious; traditional holiday items with an Italian twist. I am generally not a fan of brussels sprouts, but I couldn't get enough. The cheesecake was the crown jewel of the evening. Outstanding value - can't wait to dine here again on my next trip to NYC.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,158)

Reviewed December 7, 2013

We visit NY several times a year and never leave without a dinner at Rafele. Food is consistently excellent. Combinations are interesting, but not so complex that individual tastes are lost. Great variety, very fresh. Service is wonderful; we always feel the staff is happy we're there! This is not a gamble - it's always great.

1  Thank helen w
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I could talk about how great the service was -- because it was -- or I could tell you that the tasting menu is amazing -- because it is. But for me it was all about the cheesecake. It's one of the best desserts of all time! You'll have trouble saving room, because the food is so good, but make it a point to do so -- you'll be sad, if you come to the end of the meal and are too full to chow down on that delicious cheesecake. Rafele is a fabulous restaurant, and I couldn't recommend it more highly!

Reviewed December 2, 2013

My mother, sister, niece and I discovered Rafele's on a foodie walking tour. We enjoyed it so much -- including meeting Rafele -- that we went back the next night for dinner. We did the "chef's tasting" and were delighted with an array of tasty appetizers, pasta, meat, and desserts. The sea bass was amazing! Thank you to Rafele and Pierre for making our evening so memorable. Rafele's Restaurant is at the top of our list for our next trip to NYC!!!

1  Thank JSB915
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We went to Rafele's on the Greenwich Village Food Walking Tour and enjoyed it so much we decided that we wanted to go back for tasting menu dinner later that week. This must have been one of the best decisions we made on our whole trip to New York. The food was amazing and just kept coming. This was classic Italian food at it's finest and was no tasting but a full blown feast. The table service was excellent and Chef Raffaele came and chatted with us numerous times throughout the evening. The courses were well balanced and were brought out in a timely fashion. You really got a sense that your enjoyment of the whole dinning experience was important. Our party of 6 all agreed the Butternut Squash Ravioli with Sage and Butter sauce was the stand out of the night and the Ricotta Cheesecake was the perfect end to a wonderful evening. Amazing food and unbelievably good value.