“Very good, but not great”
Review of Magnolia Bakery

Magnolia Bakery
Ranked #33 of 399 Bakeries in New York City
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Their red velvet cheesecake was quite good, I have to admit, but their german chocolate cake was not as moist as I'd have hoped. In fact, I make a better version myself!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

If you are looking for a treat for yourself - or a nice hostess gift when you are on the hook to bring dessert - stop here! They have a great variety of cupcakes and treats - a tad pricey but actually they are worth the price. Generously sized. If you want something you don't see in the case, that's a basic item like a chocolate cupcake with just plain butter cream icing, they usually are happy to whip it up if their supplies are ready. Forget the diet when you stop here! Good place if you need a pick me up.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

This is a quaint little bakery but the cupcakes were not very impressive. I would not wait in line for these. I think they are very pretty but they were dry and not very tasty. Will not go back.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

The cup cake was delicious, but I think it's as good as anywhere else. This bakery is made famous for the appearance in Sex and The City, and there are better bakery's around.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

On a five day trip to NY we had to revisit three times,the cup cakes here are out of this world.Try the vanilla flavour cup cake and the chocolate cake is great too.,Why can't we get cake like this in the UK? Go buy a box of four, grab a Starbucks coffee and then back to your hotel room and enjoy.Total bliss