“great night out”

Take Me Out NYC
Ranked #31 of 866 Nightlife in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Take Me Out specializes in 3 hour speakeasy, cocktail bar, rooftop and nightclub tours past velvet ropes with tables waiting and no lines.
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“great night out”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

My friend and I were on a girls holiday from Scotland and decided to book a night out so that we weren't wondering around looking for places on our own. We had a great time in two speak easys and a roof top bar. The roof top bar was the best, the views were amazing. The drinks were good if not a little bitter for my taste, our host was very knowledgeable and good fun and Mike our driver was a sweetheart. Overall a brilliant experience, thanks Ori.

2 Thank Leighan B
Ori M, Owner at Take Me Out NYC, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you so much for an honest review of our service. We had great pleasure taking you out! I hope we can serve you again on your next trip to the city.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Had fun untill next time..(:”
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend took the mixology tour on Saturday the 14th and had one of our best nights on out NYC trip. This was great because we also got to get in to cool places and met a few new friends from all over the world. The guide made us feel like we all know each other for years and we got first class treatment wherever we went . The following day we both went to Vegas for 4 days and even though we saw a lot we wish we had a guide that gets us into places and that way we wouldn't have spent so much money :/ . All in all - great night!

2 Thank dor k
Ori M, Owner at Take Me Out NYC, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for the great words about your experience on the Mixology Tour. We're looking forward to showing you more of NYC's nightlife on your next visit!
Tel Aviv, Israel
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Thank you so much!!!”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Great experience very unique the guide and driver was very friendly and knowledgeable

The roof top was something else

and the best part that you don't have to wait in line!

Thank you so much for great evening!!!

4 Thank ron p
Ori M, Owner at Take Me Out NYC, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for an awesome review of our service. We had a pleasure taking your group to a few exclusive locations in the city!
Raleigh, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Very Weird Experience”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This review is interesting to write... We had Broadway show tickets every other night that we were in NYC but wanted to break it up with something new. It's an excellent concept but we did not have the best experience. And I think it has to be rare to have a bad experience because the reason we booked this was because of the great reviews.
It started out strange when we got to the meeting site 10 minutes early and Michael (the driver) told us that we were early and come back later. So we came back 2 minutes before it was supposed to start and he told us to go to another store (a makeup store which made my husband go "huh"?). Michael's reasoning to come back later was due to the fact we were waiting on a couple that was late and he told us our tour guide was also late because she needed something to mix drinks with. Anyway, he finally let us in the limo after the tour was supposed to start and the other couple showed up at 9:15 (15 minutes late).
Honestly, our tour guide Miriam was very sweet and nice but offered no recommendations at one bar (and had to ask Michael where the bar was located). I think it's because she was young (21) and didn't have a ton of experience. I would have preferred someone in their mid 20's or older since most people doing this are probably a little older. (I'm 29 and my husband is 33 - the other couple was in their 50s I would guess) but for what she was working with, she did as good as can be could.
The WORST part about this tour was that at the second bar, Michael (the driver) met three friends "from his home country" and they just pretty much invaded the event even though Miriam had no idea who they were and they were not part of the tour. They got in to the limo after our second bar and just stared at us like we were a problem. Miriam could not even get to her seat to mix drinks for us and had to ask them to scoot over. One of them then passed out drunk in the others lap, yeah not classy. They kept demanding we turn the music up (and Michael kept yelling back for us to up it since they were his friends) even though Miriam was like... "We can't talk if it's that loud". The other couple that we met on the tour left after the second bar, Miriam then dropped us and the drunk people off at the third bar and left. I understand that we don't get a ride home, but shouldn't the tour guide not just drop you off after leading you through some dark alley in to a third bar? The drunk people left right after and we were just there by ourselves looking weird in a reserved section by the bouncer. I would not recommend to my friends just based on my experience.

5 Thank Brandi G
Ori M, Owner at Take Me Out NYC, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
We are so sorry that you had a less than wonderful experience on our tour. We try to make sure that each of our guests have a great time with us, and we assure you that you're right in assuming that your experience was a rare exception.

After hearing your concerns, we conducted an investigation of the incident and let go the driver in question. His behavior was unacceptable and we apologize for it.

We hope that you enjoyed your stay in NYC and that you give us another shot next time you're in town.
Belo Horizonte, MG
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very Happy Evening”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We were celebrating ours Twin friends birthday, in a privat group. The Limo was espectacular! Our exclusive Vip tour begun with welcome drinks and a lot of great musics inside of the Limo, a lot of fun. Ours hostes were perfects and now...friends! Many details, beautiful and exciting places with vip reception so , it was a perfect night! Tank you Take me Out

Visited August 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

3 Thank Dja444
Ori M, Owner at Take Me Out NYC, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for the awesome review! I had a pleasure leading your group's special celebration.
We're looking forward to seeing you all on your next trip to NYC!