“Take Me Home”

Take Me Out NYC
Ranked #34 of 877 Nightlife in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Take Me Out specializes in 3 hour speakeasy, cocktail bar, rooftop and nightclub tours past velvet ropes with tables waiting and no lines.
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Well, I'm sad to say that I was disappointed w/ Take Me Out. It was 6 of us & this was suppose to be a surprise limo ride for one of my good friend's bday. 1) They called me the day of to ask if we mind moving our time up early & to share a tour w/ another party of 6? Totally unacceptable. Didn't like the idea of sharing a private tour, which we paid for, w/ another party. 2) I'm not even sure if the so called mixologist has credentials, but we could have done better w/out him & the drinks he mixed. The drinks were HORRIBLE, to say the least. I am a social drinker, but have never tasted anything this bad before. The drinks tasted like cheap alcohol w/ flat mixers. Was totally disappointed. The mixologist stated that they did not have time to refill the bar prior to picking us up. So basically he told us we received leftovers. 3) the choice of clubs were not too satisfactory; however, my girls & I know how to turn any place into a party of our own, so we made the best of the situation. What really took the cake was the mixologist/escort dissed us at the club! He gave us this lame excuse that he wasn't feeling good, thought it was something that he ate, and just left us at the club. It was totally unacceptable. I don't think that we will ever do Take Me Out ever again. We were highly disappointed. We would've been better off just paying for a 3hr limo ride to the clubs of our choice and bringing our own alcohol.

4  Thank Natalie F
Ori M, Owner at Take Me Out NYC, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

We apologize deeply for the unprofessional action of our guide in leaving early. However, he is a trained mixologist and has been a bartender in NYC for over 5 years. Our cocktails have been received very well by an overwhelming majority of clients on the Mixology Tour. We use organic vodka or other well known liquor brands on our tour. We've never used poor quality liquor on any tour for any purpose. The drinks are made in a moving vehicle and cannot always accommodate for specific liquor preferences. There is limited space for liquor in the limousine, but we provide our guides with the complete tools to crafts 3 cocktails for each guest.

I contacted your party on the day of the tour to offer an earlier opening to accommodate your party in a better way as you requested to be notified in case we have an earlier tour became available.

You signed up for a Mixology Tour and not a Nightclub Tour of NYC. Therefore, Mixology Cocktails would be offered in the tour's exclusive bars you chose not to enter.

Again, we're sorry that the tour wasn't what you expected and hope to have the opportunity to give you a better experience on a future tour.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We were in New York for my birthday and booked the Prohibition tour as a special night out. We were not disappointed. We were really lucky to be the only two on the tour (maybe because it was a Sunday), so it felt pretty special to have the limo to ourselves! Our host, RJ, was great and obviously knew what he was talking about when it comes to mixology. He took us to three amazing speakeasies - very cool bars, and all of which we would never have known about if we hadn't gone on the tour - exactly what I was hoping for for my birthday. Because there were only two of us the driver kindly offered to take us back to our hotel at the end of the tour, but we were having such a good time that we decided to stay on in the last bar and sent the driver home! RJ stayed with us and even escorted us to a pizza place when we were craving food at the end of the night! If you're looking for a cool night out that's a bit different from the norm, I thoroughly recommend Take Me Out Tours. RJ - I can only apologise if we were a little drunk.... ;-)

Thank you so much for your positive review! Our staff enjoyed showing you a different side of NYC's nightlife. We hope to see you again on your next visit!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

This was our first trip to NYC and my girlfriend and I enjoyed the evening emensely! Being new to the city we didn't know which bars to go to and the notion of getting around in a limo instead of catching a cab or subway was appealing. All of our expectations were exceeded and we also met great people on the tour and learned a ton about mixology from our host, RJ. I would recomend this for newcomers, those with an appretiation of prohibition and cocktail history, or if you just want to try something different.

1  Thank outdo4

Thank you very much for your wonderful review! It was our pleasure taking your Out!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had an incredible night out on Take Me Out's Mixology Tour. The mixologist, Peter, mixed some great drinks and made sure we all had the best experience. The three bars/speakeasies we were taken to were really incredible - one of which we had been trying to get into for a while, so we were really excited when we arrived there. We felt like we spent the perfect amount of time in each bar, and the rides between bars were short and enjoyable. I can't say enough about how great everyone was and how amazing our night was. Thank you so much!

The only minor complaint I have isn't about the tour itself, but the scheduling. Being that we were only booking for 2 people, I'd say that booking on off nights may be somewhat difficult as there is a 6 person minimum per tour. We made our original reservation on a Monday, and that tour ended up getting cancelled so we had to reschedule. We took this tour on a Wednesday, but I specifically booked the day that there was already a reservation made so that we wouldn't have to reschedule again. I assume the weekends may be more popular than a random weeknight if that works for you. The owner (I believe), Ori, was easily reachable by email though, replied to me incredibly quickly, and was very willing to work with me on dates, which I greatly appreciated.

Again, I just want to re-emphasize that our overall experience was really great! I would highly recommend this tour and this company to anyone thinking about trying it. It really is a great time for anyone looking to try something a little different!

Ori M, Owner at Take Me Out NYC, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you very much for a great review! We appricate the feedback regarding the scheduling issues and we will work on improving the user experience.