“Great night out!”

Take Me Out NYC
Ranked #31 of 873 Nightlife in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Take Me Out specializes in 3 hour speakeasy, cocktail bar, rooftop and nightclub tours past velvet ropes with tables waiting and no lines.
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We were in New York for my birthday and booked the Prohibition tour as a special night out. We were not disappointed. We were really lucky to be the only two on the tour (maybe because it was a Sunday), so it felt pretty special to have the limo to ourselves! Our host, RJ, was great and obviously knew what he was talking about when it comes to mixology. He took us to three amazing speakeasies - very cool bars, and all of which we would never have known about if we hadn't gone on the tour - exactly what I was hoping for for my birthday. Because there were only two of us the driver kindly offered to take us back to our hotel at the end of the tour, but we were having such a good time that we decided to stay on in the last bar and sent the driver home! RJ stayed with us and even escorted us to a pizza place when we were craving food at the end of the night! If you're looking for a cool night out that's a bit different from the norm, I thoroughly recommend Take Me Out Tours. RJ - I can only apologise if we were a little drunk.... ;-)

Ori M, Owner at Take Me Out NYC, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Thank you so much for your positive review! Our staff enjoyed showing you a different side of NYC's nightlife. We hope to see you again on your next visit!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

This was our first trip to NYC and my girlfriend and I enjoyed the evening emensely! Being new to the city we didn't know which bars to go to and the notion of getting around in a limo instead of catching a cab or subway was appealing. All of our expectations were exceeded and we also met great people on the tour and learned a ton about mixology from our host, RJ. I would recomend this for newcomers, those with an appretiation of prohibition and cocktail history, or if you just want to try something different.

1  Thank outdo4

Thank you very much for your wonderful review! It was our pleasure taking your Out!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had an incredible night out on Take Me Out's Mixology Tour. The mixologist, Peter, mixed some great drinks and made sure we all had the best experience. The three bars/speakeasies we were taken to were really incredible - one of which we had been trying to get into for a while, so we were really excited when we arrived there. We felt like we spent the perfect amount of time in each bar, and the rides between bars were short and enjoyable. I can't say enough about how great everyone was and how amazing our night was. Thank you so much!

The only minor complaint I have isn't about the tour itself, but the scheduling. Being that we were only booking for 2 people, I'd say that booking on off nights may be somewhat difficult as there is a 6 person minimum per tour. We made our original reservation on a Monday, and that tour ended up getting cancelled so we had to reschedule. We took this tour on a Wednesday, but I specifically booked the day that there was already a reservation made so that we wouldn't have to reschedule again. I assume the weekends may be more popular than a random weeknight if that works for you. The owner (I believe), Ori, was easily reachable by email though, replied to me incredibly quickly, and was very willing to work with me on dates, which I greatly appreciated.

Again, I just want to re-emphasize that our overall experience was really great! I would highly recommend this tour and this company to anyone thinking about trying it. It really is a great time for anyone looking to try something a little different!

Ori M, Owner at Take Me Out NYC, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you very much for a great review! We appricate the feedback regarding the scheduling issues and we will work on improving the user experience.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I went on the mixology limo tour with a group of 6 of my girlfriends. My main complaint is that we were paired with two other girls, girls who were much younger than us and who we didn't know. We were never told that it was even remotley possible that other people would be on the tour with us. My friends and I were looking forward to a random, fun night out with eachother to catch up and have fun with our friends who we don't get to see that often and right from the start this tour turned out to not be what we were expecting. It would be nice if the company would inform you ahead of time that there is a possibility you will have other people accompanying you. All the website says is a minimum party of 6 and we had that. Just go in knowing this is a possibility...

1  Thank Carly R
Ori M, Owner at Take Me Out NYC, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

We are really sorry the experience wasn't what you expected, but we are a tour company, not just promoters or a limo service. Unless you specify to us that you'd like your tour to be private, there may be other people on your tour. We think that's part of the fun -- the opportunity to meet new people that you otherwise wouldn't have met. We understand your complaint and we will add clarification to our website. We appreciate your input and thank you for touring with us.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I wanted an alternative to celebrating my wife's Birthday and Take Me Out's Mixology tour was right on the money! Rather than the normal night out at a restaurant with family and friends, I opted for this great tour that surprised a native NewYorker like myself and my friends who all hailed from NYC at some point in their lives. By the end of the evening, we were at a bar dancing and gearing up for the remainder of what was left of our night out.

From the onset, we were greeted by our "host" for the evening, Peter, and we were whisked away to our first destination/stop which was in the Murray Hill section of NYC. There were six of us in our group all with children at home so this was a true adult night out. We chose the 9pm-12am tour. There was another couple that joined us but they were not part of our group. Suffice to say, Peter was able to match up the groups accordingly so that all had a good time. The age range was between 31-45 years of age but a young 45! The lounge was intimate and we were able to just sit back, relax and have our first official drink in the first bar. After about an hour, we headed to our next destination and once in the limo, Peter served us our second drink on the tour; an Arnold Palmer type of drink but with more of a kick!

Once at the next destination, we had ordered some food and had shots compliments of the bar that we were at. One nice thing was that we didn't feel pressured to buy drinks or food at the destinations. Of course, it would be courteous but it was not necessary considering that drinks were already included in our tour.

Our last stop was down in the lower East Side and was at the Hotel Rivington. Peter, our host, got us in without any delays and once there, we stayed and danced since there was a DJ and the music was pumpin'! There we parted ways with Peter and said our thanks to him. Keep in mind that the last destination is where the tour ends and you have to get back to your point of origin; the limo does not bring you back. Actually, this is a good thing since you may end up somewhere that you would not normally venture to.

Overall, this was a great outing for both out-of-towners and native metro NYC area residents. If you are lucky enough to have Peter as a host, you will be immensely happy with your tour. Each tour has a max of eight so if you have a group of that size, you will have a great time! If you don't have a group that size, it's still a great experience since you will get to meet other guests and make new one's along the way!

Have fun and I can't wait to plan our next outing!!

D. Cruz

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Ori M, Owner at Take Me Out NYC, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you so much for your excellenet review! We all at TMO appreciate it. We work hard to find special secret spots that surprise even New Yorkers & we pride ourselves on our friendly well-trained guides/mixologists. We hope to see you again soon!