“Best Birthday Gift Ever- Mixology Tour”
Review of Take Me Out NYC

Take Me Out NYC
Ranked #32 of 874 Nightlife in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Take Me Out specializes in 3 hour speakeasy, cocktail bar, rooftop and nightclub tours past velvet ropes with tables waiting and no lines.
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We went to 3 different bars/clubs and had 3 drinks inside the limo while we drove to the next place. The drinks at each bar and in the limo kept getting better and better! They were all different mixtures I never tried before. None of the places were typical bars you would probably ever visit. They were all places that I would probably never know or go to if it weren’t for Take Me Out. The uniqueness of each place made my best friend’s birthday great. Our mixologist that night was Ryan. He was absolutely fantastic and made the trip a lot of fun.

Ori M, Owner at Take Me Out NYC, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review of our tour! The Mixology Tour offer an alternative perspective to nightlife and ordinary nights out. We hope you choose us again for any event!

Reviewed January 27, 2013

This was probably the best thing for a date night, whether it be the first date or the millionth. My boyfriend and I had such a good time. We did the Prohibition Tour and it was amazing. Peter was great, the limo amazing, and the champagne wonderful. It totally hit the spot. We got to see bars in New York that most people don't know exist. I like to think I know my way around the city but I would have never experienced any of these bars without the tour. It was so intimate and cozy and just an overall great experience. I will be back and with lots of friends.

Thank you so much for the kind review! The venues on our tours offer a different NYC and alternative to the usual bars. Speakeasies offer wonderful cocktails that may be hard to find on other corners of the world. Thank you for choosing TMO!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This Tour is above and beyond what you would expect from the usual "NYC Tour", It will take you off the beaten track without you even realising. I bought this tour for my Girlfriend as Birthday gift, I actually booked this tour for the Monday and my Girlfriend said she would prefer it on her actual Birthday (Saturday), Me being a common man i forgot to change the dates and thought I had changed them, we turned up on the saturday for the Mixology Tour completely unaware, and we where actually on the wrong day, fortunately enough the staff where more than friendly and gave me the option to come back on my actual date for the mixology tour or to change to the prohibition tour. I changed for the other tour on the spot and never looked back, the prohibition tour was amazing, my tour guide peter was beyond my expectations..... so much that he even gave me his mobile/cell number at the end of the tour incase we wanted to know any good places to eat, Club etc. Peter tried to sort me out with a few club nights whilst in the limo for act's which I was interested in, the offer was there waiting for me but I declined (wished I hadn't) because I was too tired after a day of exploring NY. Take Me Out takes the tours of NY into a whole new level, i've been home for a day and i've already recommended this tour to a few thousand people through my social networking sites. If you are planning a trip to NY Take Me Out IS NOT TO BE MISSED!!!! this is and exceptional tour and one of the highlights of my trip peter was so friendly, we even met him in the ice rink in central park (Not Planned, Out of business hours) but the second he recognised us he was straight over to say hello in the queue at the rink without a second look he greeted us like he did on the tour! These tour guides are not your usual 9-5 guides, they go the extra mile! even after peter greeted us at the rink he continued to crack jokes and boost moral on the Ice rink, even though he was on a date with his girlfriend he still made time to come and speak to me and my girlfriend whilst skating. Me and Peter hit it off a short while into the tour due to our love for alternative music and house music. I CAN NOT recommend this tour anymore....... DO IT!!!! YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!!! the price is stupidly cheap for the services you get. I will be in contact with my tour guide Peter in the future because I am returning to NY this year and would love to jump onto one of his tours again. He even took time to take photographs of all the participants in the limo and then took the time to write a personalised E-Mail's with attached images and a few nice words from himself. I know i haven't said much about the actual tour but what caught my eye/heart about this tour was the enthusiasm and commitment of the tour guides who run this tour.

Take my advice plus countless amount of other great reviews and book this unique tour, you will not forget it!

It fills our hearts with joy hearing such positive feedback. We hope your friends in UK choose to take a "risk" with us! Take you for coming Out with us!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Mom and I came in from Texas to experience NYC, we booked the speakeasy tour and went to two bars. Both had amazing drink selections and a great underground feel. Bartenders were amazingly nice and we had great service the entire time. After a fun night of exploring and drinking Ori took us to a little crepe place for some delicious late night food! Would definitely recommend to anyone who wants to go to places they've never been to before and not have to stand in line/wait!

1  Thank Janosko

Thank you so much! It was a pleasure showing you a few places off the official guide.
We hope to see you on your next visit to NYC!

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I had the 5-8pm on a Friday night time slot... what a great way to start the weekend right after a stressful day at work. Peter was our bartender, and he did an amazing job. Hit added so much life to our party and showed us a great time. I can't stop telling people about this adventure. You should do it!

Thank you for choosing us to celebrate your birthday!