“Good Beer, Pretzels, Service, & Value”
Review of Landbrot Bakery & Bar - CLOSED

Landbrot Bakery & Bar
Cuisines: German
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night
Neighborhood: West Village
Description: Celebrating Germany's rich culinary traditions and hearty spirit, Landbrot is a bakery bar offering a wide variety of traditional, fresh baked breads, pastries, and pretzels along with a hand-picked selection of German micro-brews.Derived from the German word meaning "country bread," Landbrot also features a full menu of sausages, soups, salads, sandwiches, savory flatbreads, wines, coffees, teas and juices.Conveniently located in two of New York City's chicest neighborhoods, Landbrot's café atmosphere offers guests a little taste of Germany, all day and through the late night hours.
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Joined some friends here as a meeting spot before roaming around the West Village. In my opinion this is a great overall place for knoshing. Bread, bakery items, sausages, sandwiches, schnitzel, & my 2 favorites beer & pretzels. The pretzels were fresh & hot,, it came with 3 mustard dipping sauces & butter. and who doesn't enjoy German beer. Thay sell exclusively Hoss Brewey products on draught, try the limited release winter beer. Cheers!

1  Thank S B

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I happened to literally stumble upon this German bakery/cafe last month while walking on a cold morning. I decided to warm up with some coffee and sit for a bit. Being a German bakery I figured I could not go wrong with the warm apple streudel. The ordering arrangement left me a bit confused. I didnt realize they had table wait staff service so I placed my order via the counter staff who told me to sit down and I would be served by a waiter. I am not sure why I need a waiter to bring me a pastry and coffee but anyway.... the pastry was delicious and presented in a fancy manner with pastry cream drizzled around the plate and a spoonful of fresh raspberries and blackberries. Very nice. I would recommend this establishment although I have not tried any other items. If only they could get their service better organized (3 people standing around the counter and 1 waiter). Perhaps at breakfast time it should be a counter service and leave the waiters for lunch and dinner where I see they have a more varied menu than pastries and tarts. I did enjoy my streudel.

1  Thank ReeverNY
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This restaurant is a great find. The food is really good and moderately priced. Try the smoked salmon open faced sandwich with radishes and apples, original and delicious.The brats, beer and gluh wein,"mulled wine" really make a chilly day cozy.
The Pretzel bread with dipping mustards is truly habit forming.
The staff is very friendly!

1  Thank Swingdancers123
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Came here for the first time yesterday. Really impressed with pretty much everything. I had a farmer's brat with a side of potato salad. The brat was cooked perfectly with the "snappy" casing you expect from a real german sausage. The roll was crispy on the outside, nice and chewy on the inside. The potato salad had a lovely acidic bite to it with the potatoes cooked perfectly. For dessert, we brought home the lemon cake and bear paws both of which tasted authentic and hand crafted. It also didn't hurt that the venue was very well decorated and staffed...they were attentive and knowledgeable.

1  Thank theseacret
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

We had a wonderful time. Great beers and a unique environment. The bartender, Andrew, was super freindly and made us have a excellent experience.

1  Thank Lisa C