“Great deal and good food”

Tony's Di Napoli - Upper East Side
Reserve with OpenTable
Tony's Di Napoli - Upper East Side is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #372 of 13,826 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
“Great deal and good food”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I went here expecting it to be like Olive Garden and was very pleasantly surprised. Very reasonably priced family style Italian that's tasty and just right. I wouldn't say it's the best Italian I've ever had but everything was good and satisfying and you can get away with feeding a large group for much less than you thought. No lead weight pasta with salty, gloppy sauce. No high fructose corn syrup ice tea. No frozen lettuce salad. None of that nonsense. Just good to very good tasting food and nobody tries to get you to spend more than you want to. The look of the place is a little faux Italy, but it's very pleasant. If you need to feed a large group on a budget, this is the place to go.

• Visited June 2013

Estero, Florida
“Our NYC Favorite!”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Tony's UES is our all time NYC favorite. We love the food and we LOVE the family/staff at Tony's. They really are like family to us and it is a great treat to dine there. We especially love Tony, Jesse, Tina and Vasili. I really appreciate all they do to make you feel welcome. Our favorites are Tony's salad, Tony's chicken, spaghetti with meatballs and the shrimp and artichoke appetizer. The strawberry shortcake is the "icing on the cake" of any meal. Everything is served family style so its a great place to come with a group. Its the first stop on our list when we have out of town guests but it also a great lunch place after church on Sundays.

• Visited March 2014
Glasgow, Scotland
“Really good food and good prices!”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I ate here a number of times during a 3 week stay in New York because it was very close to my hotel. It is family style, which means they bring the food to the table on serving plates and everyone can help themselves.. You order half portions or full portions. Believe me,the half portions are huge and enough for two people. I ordered a number of different things but my favorites were the mussels and the salad caprese. I am not a bread eater, but the bread here is fantastic. An order of mussels and the bread to soak up the sauce was a perfect meal for me. Will definitely go back next time in NYC.

Visited January 2014
ny
“Best Italian food in NYC period”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We have been to Tony's many time in the past eight years. We are never disappointed.
The managers,hosts, and waitstaff are true hosts.The food is always excellent. Take your servers suggestion when ordering. The portions are quite large.
The bar drinks are excellent and generous.
Deserts? WOW!
We will be back whenever we are in Manhattan.

• Visited March 2014
London
“HUGE portions, great flavours”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

A what it says on the tin Italian on the UES. Upstairs, where we sat, has a café feel and downstairs is a slightly swankier affair with a bar and a slightly more formal. The menu's pretty much what you would expect and it delivers big on flavour and quantity. It really delivers on quantity. Europeans watch out. Share wherever possible. Our meal would have fed a family of four back home with some left over.
One word though - while the staff were all helpful and efficient, the barman downstairs had a real attitude (I know, I'm in New York....). He made my cocktail incorrectly and when I quizzed him on it he said 'Well that's how we do it here. How do want I make it?' My answer - Correctly. And as listed on the restaurant's own cocktail menu, which was 100% correct.

• Visited February 2014