Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$318
$296
  • Room Service
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
$170
  • Pool
The Lucerne Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$322
$219
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Muse Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$267
$247
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$201
$134
$302
$269
Homewood
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness center
Stewart Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$179
  • Room Service
The Kimberly Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$279
$265
$303
$254
  • Pool
$420
Hotelpower.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswilliamsburg bridgedelancey streetsubway stationretro baressex stwalking distance to chinatowntenement museumnew yorkdunkin donutsnever felt unsafefront desk stafffew blocksbed was comfortablerooms are modernrestaurants and barswould definitely stay here againthe hotel is clean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

It was awesome. Everybody was friendly and helpfully. The room was very clean. The location is perfect for visiting Manhattan. Thank you for the great stay. The room service was exactly and nice-every day fresh towels.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ltj14
DianaNarvaez, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Greetings ltj14,

Thank you for your short but sweet review! We are so delighted to read that your stay at the Holiday Inn NYC- Lower East Side exceeded your expectations in every way possible. We look forward to your return, and please contact us in advanced for your next booking, well make sure to have a little welcome back surprise set up for your arrival. Happy and safe travels!

Reviewed February 19, 2014

This hotel was booked for us by a travelling agency back home: we couldn't believe we could get such a good price for a hotel in Manhattan.
The venue is quite new. It's on the edge of the island close to the Williamsburg Bridge. It's on a busy road and the view from our hotel window wasn't very attractive. Still I thought this place was a gem. On top of the great price, it's spotlessly clean, the staff is helpfull and friendly and the beds were very comfortable. What more does one need?
This is where my one point of improvement comes in! The heating system was absolutely horrendous: an air conditioner blowing hot air and it kept on doing that all night long. Needless to say it affected our sleep quality. Turning the system off altogether was no option as it was freezing cold outside. I'd say: change it!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank BiancaNL
DianaNarvaez, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Greetings BiancaNL,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to share your most recent stay with us. I would like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you might have encountered. Our main priority is to ensure that each and every one of our guests feel comfortable and welcomed while they are with us and it is dissatisfying to hear otherwise. If you would like to further discuss your experience with us please do not hesitate in contacting us directly. Thank you so much for your review and enjoy the rest of the day.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights for a vacation. Would recommend. Please see below for positives and negatives.

Positives:

Staff were really friendly. They were efficient and happy. They also willingly made reservations at restaurants and organised a car service to JFK. We'll recommended as a lot more comfortable than a cab.

The heating worked really well. The units looked new and we're easily adjusted and instantly heated up the room. Didn't try the air con but would imagine that it would be the same.

The hotel is literally a block away from the subway where you can catch the F, M, J and Z trains. Useful if you want to get the subway from JFK. Also the hotel is just off the Williamsburg bridge which again is very handy for either JFK or LGA.

The rooms were nice. Modern and looked newly decorated. Bathrooms were nice. Bright and had a very nice shower. Bed was comfortable and had a range of soft and firm pillows. Coffee and tea making facilities and a good tv. We had a king size room and whilst the bed took up most of the room, it was fine for what we needed it for.

Staff were good at solving problems. We had a couple of problems with noisy neighbours. Phoned the front desk and was quiet within 2 mins.

Negatives:

If you are unlucky enough to get a room looking over Delancey then it is very noisy. Especially with police and ambulances thinking it is funny to sit outside your room and make stupid siren noises. Also the heating whilst brilliant is noisy. Would STRONGLY recommend ear plugs or requesting a room at the rear of the hotel.

The room is quite small. We had two pieces of luggage each and it took up the rest of the room. The room was comfy though.

In terms of location it was a little out of the way for our liking but hey the price of the room made up for it. However it was a bit of a mission to get from the hotel up to midtown and Central Park.

All in all though I would recommend.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank jimbo5153

Greetings jimbo5153,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback with our traveler community. I am happy you were able to take advantage of all of the amenities we offer. Thank you once more for your lovely words and recommendation. We hope to see you soon on your next trip to the city. Happy and safe travels!

Reviewed February 13, 2014

I’ve been to NYC many times and because it was Super Bowl week, I did not want to pay over $500/night for a hotel that normally goes for one third of the cost. I reserved an excellent rate on hotwire and to my surprise I got the Holiday Inn. Upon check I was pleasantly assisted and thankfully I was given a room as I arrived early. The staff was always delightful.

Some may consider it to be small yet for NYC standards it was comfy and adequate for my two night stay. Since the hotel is quite new, the room was decor is very up to modern standards. The king bed was extremely comfy.

I found the location to be good – I would have preferred to have stayed closer to midtown. Though the subway is a block away and from there I was able to get to Times Square and Rockefeller quite easily. It was perfect as a base for Chinese New Year – a five minute walk put us right in the middle of all the celebration in Chinatown with its confetti fireworks and dragon dances. One night I did a 40 minute walk to the hotel from the Flat Iron District via Washington Square.

Overall it is a good quality hotel with a lovely staff - it served its purpose in providing a clean space and bed for two nights. I would recommend this as a viable option in the city.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
DianaNarvaez, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Greetings jetsetMar,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to share your experience with the TripAdvisor traveler community. The Holiday Inn NYC Lower East Side prides itself on the service we provide to our guests, our goal will always be to ensure 100% guest satisfaction. We are so delighted to read that our hotel staff exceeded your expectations. Thank you again for your amazing words and recommendation. I am sure our fellow viewers will benefit from your review. We welcome you with open arms and take advantage of our Book Smart- Deals that Work Special Offer for your next booking. Happy and Safe Travels!

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Upon check in, I was amazed to find that, lo and behold, they actually paid attention to my request of staying on a high floor and far away room the elevator. Even at much more expensive hotels, I usually need to reiterate this request in order to have it honored. But here, they were already prepared for such a room, making the check in process was easy and very fast.

Rooms in NYC are often a little smaller than elsewhere, but the Holiday Inn does a great job of using that space efficiently. There's a nice sized TV, a king bed, and end tables with enough room to store a few basic things. Rather than a closet, there's more of an armoire with about 10 hangers inside. Should be plenty for a three day trip into the city.

Other than that, it's nice to have the hotel located near multiple subway lines; from Penn Station, I walked over to Herald Square and took a quick F line trip to Delancey St., and the hotel was right there.

In sum, if you need a crash pad in this part of town where staff is warm and highly competent and the bed is comfortable, this place is just perfect.

Room Tip: High floor facing teh courtyard; can't hear a peep.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank FlyingToast
DianaNarvaez, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Hello FlyingToast,

Greetings from our Holiday Inn family! Thank you for your lovely review, it's wonderful to read that you experienced a perfect stay with us. It is our priority is to ensure that each and every one of guests feels at home while they are with us, which is why we always try our very best to accommodate all requests. Thank you for your recommendation, we look forward to your next stay with us and take advantage of our Book Smart- Deals that Work Promotion to lock in a special rate. Until next time!