“Great Location”

GreenLeadersSilver level
San Francisco, California
“Great Location”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Had a great stay here despite one incident I had with the front desk agent, Mirley or Marley? Don't quite remember her name but received an attitude from her when I was trying to get some help. All I wanted to know was how to get to Time Square but luckily the other agent gave me all the information I needed. Other than that, customer service was great.

This is an excellent location. In walking distance to many great restaurants and bars. My boyfriend and I had a great stay here. Would not hesitate to stay here on our next visit back to the Big Apple!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Greg R, General Manager at Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Brittney L,

Thank you for the nice review. My apologies for the situation with the front desk agent. As you can see from the many other reviews our guest service and front desk is top notch and we are dedicated to providing great guest service to everyone. We hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to NYC.

Greg Riley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Our double room was big for New York standards, the employees were very friendly and helpful, and the hotel felt very safe. The price was so reasonable and we are planning on staying here again. There is a subway station less than one block away, and you can walk to shops and restaurants. The neighborhood appeared safe at night, and the room was quieter than another hotel we previously stayed at nearby that was across the street from a nightclub.

Room Tip: Even on the side street, our room was reasonably quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jeanne722,

Thank you for the great review. It was nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your staying with us again.

Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My wife and I traveled to NYC to visit our son and booked this hotel through a 3rd part vendor. This was a great place clean great decor and the staff could not have been better. We arrived at 10 am on the day of check in to see if they would store our bags so we could go visit our son. Instead they got us right in a room and were really nice. The free internet was great the house keeping was wonderful and the temp was thermostat regulated unlike many hotels in this price range in NYC. It was close to a subway line travel was easy and the neighborhood was ok! I’ll stay again. BRAVO!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Greg R, General Manager at Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Kenneth N,

Thank you for the very nice review. You said it perfectly...our location is great, the front desk staff is terrific and the housekeeping is fantastic. I am proud to be part of this fine group of people who care and always provide great guest service.

Take care and we hope to see you again.

Northampton, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Best kept secret in Manhattan! Love this spot, great location! We have stayed three times and are always happy we did. Easy to get a cab, close to theaters and all downtown spots. Used to have smoking rooms, don't know if they still do - but choose accordingly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sammual T,

Thank you for the nice review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

New location, we were upgraded to a executive room on the 5th floor. Good size. Hotel is near subway with direct link to JFK.

Internet is free and fast. Fitness room is adequate.

There is no fridge, you can hire one for 25 USD per stay. That is a bit steep and in a no-frills hotel you would expect a small fridge to keep your drinks cool.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Greg R, General Manager at Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear ralfvd,

Thank you for your review. We thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again.

toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I was very impressed by staff at this Holiday Inn. Everyone even a maintanance man had a smile and greeted me every day. such a contrast to otehr places! I am originally from New York and lived 2 block away from this hotel so I decided to stay close to my old area. And I am very happy that I've choose this hotel. Room, even a bit small for my taste, was impecably clean, bed and pillows were very comfortable. The only think that I hated was AC blasting directly at my bed, otherwise I would deffinatelly recomend this hotel to a budget concious person.

Room Tip: higher floors facing Delancey have a view of downtown and a new WTC tower
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Greg R, General Manager at Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear gene v,

Thank you for your very nice review of our hotel and welcome back to the neighborhood. It is growing and changing every day. I am very proud of our staff and the service that we deliver, so when you pointed this out you can be certain that it does not go unnoticed. And to also point out, as many others have, how clean the rooms are, well...the housekeeping staff will be happy to hear that. Thank you so much. We look forward to seeing you again.

East coast
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Stayed here for Gay Pride night,
actually had a little problem with the entire check in process but after contact Mr Greg Riley he assisted me with my concerns.
I need to return to this hotel to see the true gem that it is.
Some staff members went ABOVE and beyond.
My room was fabulous facing The Freedom Tower and everything in the room was amazing and clean.

I just need to stay here again to appreciate the grandeur of this gem.

Room Tip: get a room that is not facing the main street
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Greg R, General Manager at Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear my_life_is_travel,

Thank you for the review and we look forward to you staying with us again. We do have a great hotel with terrific guest service and we want to be sure that your next visit we can show you exactly that. Be sure to call me directly at 212-475-2500 to set up your next reservation.

Also consider these accommodations in or near New York City
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York ...
#5 of 33 in Long Island City
Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhatta...
#11 of 33 in Long Island City
Hotel on Rivington
Hotel on Rivington
#134 of 467 in New York City
Hotel Indigo Lower East Side New York
Hotel Indigo Lower East Side New...
#88 of 467 in New York City
Orchard Street Hotel
Orchard Street Hotel
#313 of 467 in New York City

Been to Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side? Share your experiences!