Pod 39 Hotel
The Watson Hotel(New York City)
$104
$98
  • Pool
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
$177
$170
  • Pool
Royalton Park Avenue(New York City)
$327
$244
Preferred Hotels
  • Pool
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$221
$161
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$129
$123
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Mela(New York City)(Great Value!)
$157
$126
$173
$138
  • Room Service
Pod 51 Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$156
$109
  • Bar/Lounge
Lotte New York Palace(New York City)
$425
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
$192
$144
Travelocity
3,622 results
All reviewssalvation tacogrand central stationrooftop barrooms are smallbunk roomtaco restaurantfrosted glasstop bunkgreat locationnew yorksmall deskmurray hillsliding doorfree wifiprivate bathroomchrysler buildingfew blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 15, 2014

I spent 5 days in New York for a friend's wedding earlier this year and this was the perfect base. I arrived on a Friday night and the lobby was buzzing with smiling people heading up to the rooftop bar. The staff were welcoming and checked me in super efficiently. The room itself was small and functional - exactly as the website suggested. The shower was brilliant and the bed very comfortable, my floor was amazingly quiet and I slept really well. I loved the rooftop bar too - great cocktails and music. As a gluten free person, this was also a great location - a gf bakery on the next block and Bloom's deli that served amazing gluten free pancakes over the road too. I love walking and this was a great base from which to explore both downtown and all the way up to Moma and Central Park. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 15, 2014

It's an amazing space and I was soooo looking forward to trying here - however I have only rated it average due to our experience.
We headed over to Pod 39 only to get there at 11pm to be told they were no longer serving ! (In the city that never sleeps !! No waaay ) - so we took some pics and went to another rooftop bar where we had no problem Getting a drink

Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Over the past few years, and within the last in particular, it seems that Pod 39 has greatly increased the focus on "extracurricular" activities like it's rooftop lounge and the bar/nightclub adjacent to the lobby. What I once viewed as an efficient, modern, relatively inexpensive, no-frills alternative to much pricier midtown properties, now seems to have "evolved" into some sort of nightlife/hostel hybrid for twentysomethings. I am currently here on a Saturday night in June and it feels like I'm on spring break somewhere with the throngs of young men and women crowding the public areas of the hotel, jamming up the elevators, milling about and sipping drinks from plastic cups. The buzz of the rooftop's partyers (sic?) easily trails down the two stories to my window and has prevented me from relaxing and/or listening to the TV at a reasonable volume without difficulty. Perhaps an entertaining stay if I was eighteen years old. I am not. I do not envision returning.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank brett m
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Stayed here for a Girls 36 hour of fun in NYC trip. Room was small but to be expected. It was clean and bed was comfy enough. Biggest Plus = Hotel was in a great location. We enjoyed the rooftop lounge and the restaurant bar. Would stay again. There is so much located within blocks of this place - definitely hit the bagel place nearby, still dreaming of it!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We love Pod39's location in a relatively non-touristy neighborhood yet close to everything. The building itself is a handsome renovated 1920s Salvation Army hostel. The restaurant - Salvation Taco - is hip and popular among young New Yorkers in the evenings and doubles as a coffee stop in the mornings. The $3 coffee and pastry deal is perfect if you don't want a heavy breakfast. Check out the delightful roof garden.

The room we had was of course small like all NYC hotels but well-designed and efficient. We have everything we needed, including a room safe.

Highly recommended.