“Good location for travelling with friends” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pod 39 Hotel

Pod 39 Hotel
Ranked #185 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Dublin, Ireland
“Good location for travelling with friends”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

This hotel is located just off Lexington Ave and approx 10min walk up to time square. Grand central station is just 2 blocks away. Good location for working your way around the city either by walking or taking the subway. Rooms are small but they have everything you need for a few days in NYC. Bed was comfortable and bathroom was modern. Frosted glass on the bathroom / shower so may not be good for the shy types ha! The rooms where cleaned every day. Roof top bar is really nice.. nice views of the city at night. Would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (465)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

If what ur looking for is a place to sleep while ur out all day shopping and sight seeing, then POD 39 is the answer. Few blocks from Central station 'subway',Very clean, and quite rooms. But keep in mind the rooms are very small though, however u wouldn't need more space if ur only gona sleep the night.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Milton Keynes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Highly recommended. It's in a great location in midtown manhattan, just 5 mins walk from Grand Central Station with subway connections to most places. Our Double room was stylish, comfortable and clean, with daily room service and secure safe. Rooms are very small, but given that you'll probably not be spending much time in it it's perfect for a city break. Check out 'House of Lasagne' on the corner as well. If we come back to NY we'll be staying here again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Girdwood, Alaska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

I came here last year in January and I LOVED it. I loved everything about it. I told myself when I came back on business again that even though my coworkers were staying at the spacious $400/nt hotels uptown that I'd stay here, and I have. I am annoyed enough at this point that I am writing this review while I am still here. I am fairly low maintenance, and NY is my home, though I live very far away now and work for a large resort on the other side of the world. After ranting and raving about this hotel to so many people, I feel like a pretty big chump after this stay.

My room is fine, though I am payìng nearly twice as much as I did last year (ok, I get it, you're popular, Pod Hotel). The roof is closed, it's 50+ degrees and they are fairly unapologetic. I'm on the 2nd floor (really?) despite being a net promoter, repeat visitor and requesting an early check-in months in advance. The hotel is still clean, the service is decent but what has really ruined it for me was when I brought another exec from my group in tonight to go to the lounge and the hostesses told me we couldn't sit in the lounge area because we were only two people. It's Monday night. There were 3 people in there, and they were all sitting at the bar. REALLY?? I have to sit in the restaurant section now, and we can't seat ourselves, despite the fact that it's empty, and we want to have a drink or two before we head out? Give me a break.

You can't get anything here without getting an eye roll, even a cup of coffee to go. Last year everyone was nice. People were chill. I went downstairs and chilled on the couches almost every night and caught up on e-mails with a glass or two of wine. This year? Forget it, I'll go somewhere else, and am looking forward to getting out of here tomorrow. I may even leave early and not stay my last night because I am over it.

I understand the hotel has become more popular, and it's because they've done a good job, but the customer service is starting to slip. And as the person at my resort who meticulously reads the TripAdvisor reviews, I'd be disappointed to read one like this. Net promoters are hard to come by -- I come home twice a year on business, and I will probably not stay here next time, nor will I continue singing the praises for this hotel. They did their very best to build the location up, and now they can be catty and unapologetic to everyone. Good job, guys.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank tyrannosauruswrx
albany ny
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

The hotel and staff was great. The location was also nice everyone was friendly. Room was kind of small for the amount of money it cost each night. Another flaw for me was the shower head. I like a shower head that I could adjust not the type that comes straight out the ceiling and water straight into my hair. I'd rather have the choice if I want to wash my hair or not. But all in all the hotel was nice and so were the staff but I probably wouldn't spend my money to stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013
Somerville, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

You know by now that the rooms are small - but that's the point. And my wife and I actually liked the small cozy room. Clean is the key here. Bar and food late night at hotel? Check. Decent 'hood? Yup. As long as the rates stay low, we'll be back. And the roof deck. Oh, the roof deck...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank cblukens
Old Bridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed there this weekend. The room is very small, hence the name pod. However, the staff is really nice, the room was extremely clean and it is close to Grand Central Station. We had a fantastic weekend.

• Stayed November 2013