Book In Advance
Tours from Sterling City Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?

from $66.00
from $169.00
from $79.00
More Info
All reviews orzo his knowledge private tour amazing tour nyc tour customized tour mercedes van day tour new york his passion amazing city take photos food tour chelsea market central park brooklyn bridge boroughs
Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

Tom is great!! Will definitely use the next time in New York! See you at the next U2 show Tom haha OR at The Boss!

Date of experience: June 2017
TourGuideTom2014, Owner at Sterling City Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2017

Hey Kara - thanks for your very kind words, short and sweet! I well remember our tour, meeting up with "Team Kara" at The Cloisters Museum, and then boarding the big Sterling City Tours van and heading into the heart of Manhattan. It was fun and memorable and I hope we get to do it again sometime - or at least go to a great Rock Concert - The Boss or U2 would be fine with me! Warm best wishes, Tom

Reviewed July 4, 2017 via mobile

If your family is looking for a great tour of the city and surrounding areas look no further! Tom with Sterling City Tours is equipped with a luxurious van that has a windowed ceiling which allows you to take in the sites high and low in the comfort of an air conditioned seat. From history, to architecture, to pop culture, he unlocks the beauty of NYC for all ages. My family has been blessed to have him host our family twice and each time he's shown us different aspects of the city that leaves us wanting to come back for another visit soon. He's a gentlemen and continually ensures each person is having a great time. Clean bathrooms, breaks for coffee, quick photo ops - he'll do it all. We've decided that no visit to New York is complete without a tour from Sterling City Tours and Tom!

Date of experience: July 2017
TourGuideTom2014, Owner at Sterling City Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2017

THANK YOU, MICHELLE! Wow, that was fun! And touring around town with you a second time was great - thank you for that - and thank you for bringing more family members for our big HOLIDAY week-end tour. I've said it before - introducing newcomers to New York City is a privilege I greatly enjoy! It helps keep me focused and not complacent because I happen to live here. Their enthusiasm "goes viral" and I catch the vibe...and off we go! And I'm happy that for our second round we were able to introduce a few new elements into this tour to keep it interesting. Finally, thanks for lunch at Chelsea Market, where you were able to find just enough seating for us to enjoy a delicious lunch (as well as some great espresso with steamed milk at Ninth Street Coffee bar) Thanks again, Michelle - for your kindness and generosity! Tom

Reviewed June 23, 2017

Tom is such an incredible tour guide! We scheduled a 4 hour tour with him on Memorial Day weekend. My partner's family was in town and they had never been to NYC before. This was DEFINITELY the best way to introduce them to the city I know and love! Tom crammed what must typically be a 6 hour tour in just 4 hours. We saw every bit of the city from Midtown south. His knowledge of the city is unrivaled and his recommendations on what to do, see, and eat in town was just the cherry on top of a fantastic tour. We really appreciated his flexibility and he's just such a really friendly guy! If you want to experience as much of the city in a short period of time, go with Tom and Sterling City Tours! You will NOT regret it! Oh! I can't forget to mention the van! Super comfortable and honestly the best way to tour the city. Thanks again Tom for the incredible experience! We just really can't say enough good things about it!

Date of experience: May 2017
1  Thank washdctraveler95

Thank you, Sid, for the kind words... you are most welcome! Yes, it was fun driving around with the family - the newcomers! It's really a privilege to introduce NYC to first time visitors. And believe it or not, it's a big help to see my beloved City through "fresh eyes" - their wonder and awe at the BIG sights of the City help to refresh my own wonder and awe. We did see a lot of places in a little time, as you note, an added benefit of having a vehicle to get us around town - a good introduction and orientation - and a way to deconstruct what would otherwise be overwhelming. Thanks again for bringing the family to town and touring with us! I'm thinking about our next tour already...up North...Upper Eastside and Upper Westside and Harlem - looking forward! Warm regards to the Family!

Reviewed June 5, 2017

My family planned a trip to NYC the week of May 22nd. We arranged for Tom to pick us up at 10:00 a.m. We had a little problem returning our rental car that morning, which pushed our tour back a little bit. Tom was so gracious to change the location he picked us up at to accommodate us. He also understood that it was beyond our control, so he did not penalize us for starting our tour later than expected.

We had such a great time on the tour. In addition to my husband, we had two 15-year-old boys and a 9-year-old boy. This was our first tour ever, and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Tom is so knowledgeable about the City. I didn't realize I would learn so much. I highly suggest you take Tom's tour first thing upon arriving in NYC. It helped my family figure out where we wanted to go later, and Tom was very helpful in pointing out directions, which subway to use, how Midtown East and Midtown West are divided, how to get to/from the Yankees game, etc.

Tom felt like more of a friend than a tour guide. Even after our tour, he sent a text saying, "Tell Brock, 'GO YANKEES'"...he had a great sense of humor and liked to tease the boys, as we are not Yankees fans.

Thanks, Tom, for such a great tour! My family will always remember our trip to New York City.

Date of experience: May 2017
TourGuideTom2014, Owner at Sterling City Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2017

Thank YOU, Retta! I'm glad you and your (extended) family had fun learning about New York City (btw, as a Licensed Tour Guide, I feel like I'm STILL learning about NYC.) And yes, as a Yankee fan, I'm afraid I was a little rough on young Brock and his beloved Kansas City Royals. He took it all in stride, though, and served it right back to me. Clearly he has a strong survival instinct as the youngest member of the tour. Good for him! I'm not worried about Brock. Of course it was extra nice for him that his team was quite rude in beating the Yankees the night you went to that ballpark in The Bronx! Although I failed utterly in persuading your family to become Yankee fans, I'm so glad that we succeeded in having a successful tour. We don't let minor details like traffic, rain, changed locations, and parking garages get in the way of a memorable family day - ever! Thanks again for your kind words and big hugs to you and Jason and those great baseball-loving boys!

Reviewed April 17, 2017

Tom Orzo, our knowledgeable and very charming tour guide took us on a magnificent tour worth an experience of a lifetime! Being a true New Yorker, he had an in depth knowledge and insight of all the great places which one might not see on the usual tours. Seeming to know almost about everything of this fabulous city: all the in's and out's - the Jazz venues, the delicious restaurants, and the magnificent sights. Plus, in addition to that, being a private tour did have it's perks like being able visit all the nooks and crannies of the area: places like Harlem, Queens, the traditional Jewish Quarters, Brooklyn, Greenwich village... etc. All in all, Mr. Orzo's understaing of the offbeat New Yorken history was outstanding and came as a wonderful surprise to us.

We learned so much, and should we get the chance to visit again we'd definitely use Sterling City Tours again. Also to mention, the van was impeccably clean, very spacious, with plenty of water and snacks to munch on, courtesy of him and his tours.
Keep it up Tom! It was such a pleasure meeting you. We look forward to seeing you soon again!

Sera Nair and family.

Date of experience: April 2017
TourGuideTom2014, Owner at Sterling City Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2017

Thank you, Sera and Simone, and please convey my gratitude to Pater Familias Nair! I am so glad we were able to organize a Family Tour on short notice. And we got to see so much because of your desire to explore outside Manhattan. The visit to The Unisphere in Queens is always a favorite, as is D.U.M.B.O and Brooklyn Bridge Park and Brookly Heights and The Promenade. So much to see! I hope that we can "continue the tour" on your next visit to NYC - I know you are curious to see more. Warm regards to a wonderful Family!