“Five finger in the house”

PlayStation Theater
Ranked #284 of 1,098 things to do in New York City
Brooklyn, New York
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Five finger in the house”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

This venue is great. Its in Times Square by all modes of transport. Its got 2 huge bars, a lounge area and some theatre seating. The sound has to be worked on. Its not the bands fault but the sound system. Couldnt hear the vocals or bass. Five finger played and they're a heavy band it was kind of sad.

Visited October 2013

Wellingborough, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Jim Jeffries show March 8th 2013”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We came to the Best Buy Theatre for Jim Jeffries' late show, and thought the venue was great. To buy any alcohol at all you needed to produce ID at a table in the downstairs lobby to get a wristband rather than keep showing the bar staff your ID so be warned that you'll need it!

Nice layout for a comedy show, even at the back we could see and hear everything perfectly (as there were screens up but they weren't intrusive).

Visited March 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great concert.”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We came to see Chris Young. The way that the lay out is, it's great for general admission, don't buy a seat unless yo have to. The beer was a little expensive in reference to where we are from. I wouldn't check a coat only because it take a forever to get it when you are ready to leave.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Geneo1028
Orange, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Saw Markus Schulz here after Electric Zoo”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Now here is a venue that California needs to learn from. Coming from the old 1970's concert theater venues like the Hollywood Palladium, the posh and slick state of the art Best Buy Theater definitely blows everything away as far as concert style EDM venues.

We came here after a long exhausting day at Electric Zoo. Since we stayed closer to Empire State building, it was a good 15 minute scenic trek with red cups through time square. We came here about 30 minutes before opening and there was already a line around the block forming. Fortunately the security was quite on point and kept everyone moving at a rapid pace. Beware though, security is so good that they made me lift my shirt and I lost one of my favorite flasks filled with vodka at this venue. Needless to say, I m just happy that I got in at that point.

Once you walk in, you back track and try to figure out if you are at a shopping mall because there are just escalators and no DJ or dancefloor in sight. On the second level is where all the action goes down. Plus there are bars on every corner of this venue for your convenience. Knowing that I lost my essential supply of booze, I had to fork out a hefty price of buying an NYC AMF. Which pretty much makes you say [--] as they hand you the $18 bill. Also you guys should've seen the look the bartender gave me when I asked for an AMF. "In New York we call those Long Islands and that is what you are getting." So I took my brown looking AMF over to the dance floor.

Khomha started the show off with a techy trance type of set. That was already enough get everyone shuffling. 30 minutes later pretty much all of our EDM-East, Team Cali Electric Zoo crew got in. When Markus came on, we were able to congregate at the spacious elevated middle level of the venue where the bass hits best. Just imagine a movie theater without seats, and the screen to be the DJ booth. This venue was certainly impressive.

An hour later I found myself PTFO on one of the comfy couches outside the door while everyone was raging. I really wish I got to enjoy this place more, but I know I will make a certain stop on my next venture out to the city. It was worth every penny of that $50 ticket.

Visited September 2012
New Paltz, New York
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Kids Bugging You to let them "go to a concert"? This is the place to say "Yes" to.”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My daughter has become a fan of what we used to call "Heavy Metal". She's 14, and based on what I remember of concerts, I was very reluctant to let her "go to a show", so, to check out the scene, I accompanied her and her crew to a "Pierce The Veil" show at The Best Buy Theater on 44th Street on November 1. Wow, have things changed....

The line was around the block two hours before the doors opened, but the crowd was orderly and well mannered. Best Buy security people patrolled the sidewalks and politely but firmly kept everything under control.

Once the doors opened the influx was likewise regulated, the sidewalk security working in conjunction with the door staff to allow only about 50 people at a time through the door. Random bag checks and pat downs kept out most - if not all - contraband.

The space inside is well designed, well set up, and clean,clean,clean - It felt more like a venue for a modern dance presentation than heavy metal. Plenty of floor space for dancing and crowd surfing, several levels of vantage for good views and photos through out, and tiered seats - most of which stayed vacant, except for parents hanging back, like me.

The bathrooms were spotless, I didn't see any fights, smell any dope, or witness anyone "out of control"; "Crowd Surfers" who made it to the front were helped down by burly, attentive security guards who then checked each surfer for well being before releasing them, politely, back into the crowd; Fans at the front - those squeezed against the barricades- were occasionally spritzed down or given bottled water by stage attendants.

When the show ended after 3 1/2 hours, the exit was equally well ordered and the "Merch" table - swamped as it was - was kept under control and moving along.

For an "old hippie" with many concerts from the 60's and 70's under my belt, the vibe was almost too sterile; it was creepily Orwellian in it's orderly pretense of teen "rage". For a parent of a 14 year old girl who wants to "rock out" with her friends - it's a perfect place for them to feel "radical" without being in danger.

Drop them off with a fully charged cell phone, go out to dinner, and pick them up when it's over. It'll be a good night for all and you'll be the "cool parent" for setting it up and doing the driving.

This will doubtless become a regular routine as long as grades stay up!

Visited November 2012