“Late night snack”

Biryani Cart
Ranked #3,286 of 16,628 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Indian
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Biryani & kati rolls draw crowds to this no-frills trailer serving takeout halal Indian entrees. The real Indian biryani & Kati rolls since 2005. Winner of Vandy Award Winner (2008-2009) & People's Choice Award. Established in 2005. Best biryani and Kati rolls in NYC. We are the original and only Biryani Cart next to Europa Cafe. Please do not be confused by other copycats.
Reviewed 1 week ago

This place is a staple when we come to New York. No matter where we have been we will travel miles to get a Kati roll from this place. We had the chicken biryani and the lamb kati rolls on this occasion. They were awsome.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (51)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

As a self proclaimed biryani queen, this was just average biryani. The chicken was tender, the rice was kind of unseasoned. I prefer my biryani with the bone in chicken as I think that's the most flavourful. For $7 dollars it was ok - my friend and I got chicken mcnuggets after.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed March 12, 2019

After spending $21 at McDonald's for dinner one night, I checked out Biryani cart and got an excellent biryani dinner for only $6. 100% recommended, great food and prices.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed December 29, 2018 via mobile

Food carts are awesome in NYC. The Biryani cart does an AMA zing job of making authentic dishes in such a small space.

I usually get chicken biryani with all of the sauces. You will find that it actually has all of the ingredients like cinnamon, star anise and other spices that you will find as you eat it. For $7, it is one of the best meals you will have in the city.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed February 8, 2018 via mobile

This was my 6th visit to this food cart ( avg 2 visits every NYC trip) and if you are anywhere near the 6th and 46th, this is definitely a must visit.
The food is delicious, freshly prepared and has the genuine Indian flavors to it. It’s reasonably priced and one plate easily makes a filling meal for a single person. The only down side is that there is no place to sit to relish the hot meal (a common factor with all food carts) but Times Square is just a min or two away or one can always find a bench at walking distance.

Date of visit: February 2018