“Eat it to believe it”

Biryani Cart
Ranked #3,277 of 16,280 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Indian
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Biryani & kati rolls draw crowds to this no-frills trailer serving takeout halal Indian entrees. The real Indian biryani & Kati rolls since 2005. Winner of Vandy Award Winner (2008-2009) & People's Choice Award. Established in 2005. Best biryani and Kati rolls in NYC. We are the original and only Biryani Cart next to Europa Cafe. Please do not be confused by other copycats.
Reviewed November 2, 2016

First thing first... It's not a restaurant, but a food cart. No chairs or tables to sit. Limited menu items... And this is where the 'not so good' things end.....
The food is amazingly tasty and served freshly made and hot. I come from india so I know the menu and flavours very well. It reminded me of food served at some of the good restaurants out there.
The guy preparing the food is a humble man too. Price wise probably the cheapest food you will get and serving size is good.
Make sure you eat his special Kathi Roll and the Rice with chicken.

If you are looking for place to sit..... Right across his cart on the other side of street there is a sitting place across a theatre.
One block away is the Times Square.

Date of visit: October 2016
1  Thank dannysvoyages

Reviewed October 9, 2016

Tried the pune and king kati rolls -- two for just $6! Great value considering the portion size. The wraps are greasy without being overwhelming, the veggies add a nice crunch, and the chicken was well-seasoned.

The gentleman manning the cart was friendly even though it was getting rather chilly on an Oct. evening. Not a bad place to grab a snack or small meal if you're around Times Sq.

Date of visit: November 2015
Reviewed September 6, 2016

These cart have great food. It is too bad that there is no space to sit down to enjoy your meal. The smells that waft from these cart is fantastic. They never seem to close either.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed August 9, 2016 via mobile

We always have Kati rolls here whilst in NYC. Beyond 5 star delicious and only $6 for two that easily make a meal. Recommend chicken kati rolls either Pune or my favorite the King Kati Roll. This place is a locals favorite from folks working at the church across the street to Wall Street Journal executives.

Date of visit: August 2016
1  Thank jwwcpa
Reviewed July 30, 2016

We spent a long weekend in NYC, and this was definitely the best food I had. From a food cart! My husband and I split a platter of chicken biryani and it was so flavorful. I can't say enough about how delicious the rice was. For $6, how can you go wrong? The portion size was good for my husband and I to split (since we weren't that hungry), but it also would be fine for one person. It's a good-sized portion, but not too much for one person.

There is a biryani cart (on the SW side of the intersection of 46th and 6th), and there's a biryani car on the NW side of the intersection. We did not go to the biryani car so I can't speak to the quality of their food, but the CART is on the SW side of the street.

Date of visit: July 2016