“A true gem!”

Ranked #150 of 454 Dessert in New York City
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Green Symphony serves fresh, healthy food and drinks in New York City. Visit us in Times Square and walk away feeling good about your food choices! At Green Symphony, we provide an oasis for vegetarians and anyone who wants to eat healthy in a quick and friendly atmosphere. Located just steps away from Times Square, we provide a variety of food choices for people of all food persuasions. Vegetarians, vegans, meat eaters alike can all find superb options at our smoothie bar, juice bar, salad bar, and sandwich station! We feature hot and cold buffets for you to mix and match the food items you want. We also have a wide selection of menu items that we have designed just for you! Try one of our sensible salads, creative wraps, vegetable rice bowls, soups, or homemade desserts. We are especially proud of our mandoo bowls, made with Korean-style homemade dumplings with sesame-ginger tamari sauce. We understand that in the hustle and bustle of city life, it can be hard to make quick, healthy food decisions. We are here to provide you with the best healthy food options at the pace that you expect for your busy lifestyle. Stop by or order delivery and enjoy a cold-pressed juice, veggie rice bowl, or sandwich today!
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

When I walked in I was blown away! I did not expect such a wide selection. A vegan paradise in the theater district. By the time I was able to pry myself out the door I almost had too much to carry. The owner was so friendly; talking with all the regulars as they came in. Definitely a must for anyone! They don't carry only vegan items, but everything is organic, delicious, and well priced!

1  Thank Chays L
Jae S, Owner at Green Symphony, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2014

Vegan paradise is high praise indeed, Chays! We won't be taking it lightly. Thank you so much for your kind review, and I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Great place for breakfast, snack or lunch. Wide selection of tasty freshly made buffet dishes as well as ala carte menu. Prices are reasonable. All I had was delicious. My fave was chicken soup and baked salmon with brown quinoa salad. Not much space to sit though. Enjoy!! ;)

1  Thank VoyageEstAmour

We're happy to be your vegetarian paradise! You'll have to come see us soon to grab some of that quinoa salad. Just wanted to say thank you -- even though I know this is a little late in coming.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

If I did my research and learned this gem was right around the corner from our hotel, I would have been here every morning getting my organic Americano, energy bar or smoothie, or raw oatmeal. This place is amazing - reminded me of health food stores back in the 80's (when my mom would take me). You can order freshly made juices, smoothies - various wraps and freshly made energy bars. We came here for breakfast and I had their raw oatmeal - very satisfying and I felt alive when I finished it. I also purchased 5 bars to go - being GF/SF/DF - this was my type of place! The bars were priced so well I felt like I was stealing them (2.50-3.00/bar). I came back later that day for their lunch buffet bar - so many healthy, gf options - all made in house and fresh that day. They had raw and cooked options. Everything they had listed the ingredients, if there were nuts, dairy or other allergens in the ingredients and if they were GF. It was easy to determine what to get without having to ask. I wish there was a Green Symphony back home in Seattle - I am still dreaming of their GF/DF/SF energy bars...

1  Thank amerie74

This is rather late in coming, but I wanted to personally thank you for writing this! I know if can be hard to find options when you're gluten free, so I'm glad we were able to help out. If you're ever back in town, you'll have to pay us a visit!

Reviewed January 12, 2014

This cafe was recommended for its location and food. Both were pretty good, although you may have to fight the crowds on the streets to get there. It is counter service with a few tables. A fair variety of menu items, mostly healthy and some unusual options. Reasonably priced and a good choice for a casual meal.

2  Thank Les2010
Jae S, Owner at Green Symphony, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2014

I'm glad the crowd didn't convince you to give up. Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave us some feedback. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I saw all the reviews for this place on three different sites and thought I had to try it out. When I saw the place, it was not what I expected - do not let that stop you though! It looks like just a little market with a few tables. Inside is the most delicious buffet - perfect for anyone with dairy allergies like me as many of the choices are labeled diary free- and vegan desserts! I was still suspicious until I ate the food. The curry chicken (dairy free) was absolutely delicious. I cleaned my plate and barely had enough room to eat some of the vegan dessert I ordered as well. It's more of a "lunch" place than dinner - but it worked fine for dinner for me! If you have dairy allergies - or probably many other allergies as well- this is some place you need to try out.

2  Thank IsabellaMea