East Village Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
St. Marks Hotel(New York City)
  • Restaurant
Lafayette House(New York City)
  • Room Service
The Bowery Hotel(New York City)
  • Restaurant
The Ridge Hotel(New York City)
View Hotel
The Gatsby Hotel(New York City)
  • Fitness center
Hotel 17(New York City)
SIXTY LES(New York City)
  • Pool
All reviewsno liftself cateringmarks placestorage drawersastor placeunion squarewell equipped kitchennew yorkaround midnightyour doorstepstayed for nightsminutes walk awaythird floorstreet noisethree blocksbed was comfortablekey card
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Whenever I stay in NYC, I usually get a hotel across or near Central Park. Never agin! I would definitely stay at the East Village Hotel on my next trip. I don't know why someone complained being too far away to events. It was easy to take the subway everywhere we went! The neighborhood was WONDERFUL!! And so many excellent places to eat, it was hard to make a decision! Luckily we made reservations with a nearby tour group, and where able to sample 6 of the best restaurants in town! Everyone, including the people that work at the hotel were extremely helpful and informative! You can hear some traffic noise on the street, but it dies down by the time we went to bed. Never heard any noise from any of the other rooms. Loved the new IKea furniture combined with the old brick walls! All appliances with coffee, dishes, dishwasher, iron, iron board, microwave, stove, refrigerator, you name it, it was there!
You just can't beat the price!

Room Tip: Sorry, there was no pool lol!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 4, 2013

4 of us stayed at this hotel for a week just last month (in March): two of use were on the 4th floor and the other 2 were in the room directly below ours.

We took a cab from LGA and it was easy to find once we got into the city. Someone was actually at the front desk when we got there so we didn't have to do the self check-in thing; someone was usually at the desk in the mornings and in the evenings, which I hadn't expected based on the reviews and the description of the hotel.

We'd asked to stay on the 3rd or 4th floors, despite the fact that the hotel is a walk-up, because we didn't want noise from the coffee shop below. Regardless of what floor you're on, though, you're going to get noise coming up from the streets. I'm a light sleeper so it took me a couple of nights to get used to it; turning the heater on to drown out a little of the outside noise helped. Regardless, the noise was manageable. It might be noisier in the summer as people tend to congregate outside in warm weather, though... I don't know. I guess that's when the A/C would get turned out instead of the heater. :) One thing to note is that when we had our shoes on, our friends (one floor directly below us) could hear us walking around, so we got used to taking our shoes off, which worked out well. Hopefully no one's walking around in heels on the floor above you at this hotel.

The rooms were clean and housekeeping came by every day. We did have to request a refill of shampoo when it ran out, as toiletries weren't replaced once they got used up, but that's not really a big deal. As a couple of people have mentioned, there's no soap/soap dish so make sure you bring your own. Again, this was not a big deal! There's a tiny but fully functional kitchen available to you, complete with a fridge, microwave, dishes, utensils, and dish washing soap - awesome! The size of the room was quite generous by NYC standards, too - I was pleasantly surprised.

Because we had the heater on, we had a lot of static electricity happening in our room. Annoying but again, not a deal-breaker.

The neighbourhood is full of restaurants and shops, including some pretty well known ones (like Momofuku - ramen portions are generous, everything else is not, but the pork buns are amazing!). The hotel is about 3-4 blocks away from 2 different subway stations, and it's within walking distance to Union Square (we walked back from Trader Joe's and Whole Foods a couple of times).

Considering the cost of this hotel (we got a great deal on it) and it's location, I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank cdnglobetrotter007
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Ok, the rooms looks good, its all brand new, but it is way too noisy, not outside mainly but you can hear everything in the rooms next to yours, walls are made of cardboard! The location is also not ideal at all, you will need to take transportation to all good sites you want to visit. If I had to do it again, I would spend a little more for an hotel in Soho and be in the fun areas of NY because the east village is not great at all. For the service, good luck, I wrote to them twice before arriving with a special request due to disability and they never wrote me back, don't expect anything over there either, the lady is busy on the phone with her girlfriend or on facebook. I do not recommend this place if you want to visit NY.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 2, 2013

My fiancee and I went stayed 4 nights in July 2012. We were really excited to have found such a great deal in Manhattan for such a new and great looking hotel. The idea of a self-check-in didn't phase me at the time that I booked the hotel. However, when we arrived, we found out that it would be the only major flaw of the trip.
When we arrived we had a moment of panic after we saw a coffee shop where I thought the hotel would be. The entrance is actually just beside that with a little glass door and facade. We had no problems entering the code to enter. However, upon trying to check-in on the tablet we were able to see our reservation but the computer was unable to generate our room keypad code. After many unanswered calls and holds (and cellphone roaming charges of about $35 as we are from Canada) we finally were able to speak to someone who was able to give us our code and the (free) Wifi password.
The room itself is actually nice. We made our own breakfasts while there most days with the hot plate. There were pots, pans, plates, cups, cutlery, dish soap, and a sponge. It was perfect for easy foods. The king-sized bed was comfy, and the room was clean. I liked the rainfall shower heads. At night we could hear muffled music quite, but since we were so exhausted every night we had no problems sleeping.
There were daily towel changes, but on the last day they forgot to leave us with face towels. Overall the room was great except for the self-check-in and lack of staff to speak to

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JeremyFromToronto
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Stayed from December 13th-December 18th, booked via BOOKIT.COM. Got a great deal and was HAPPILY surprised. Nice apartment conversions into what they now are calling "smart apartments" (hotel rooms with full kitchens). Located on 9th street and 1st Ave in the heart of the "East Village" food GALORE around every corner that WILL NOT break your wallet. Easy subway access on 1st Ave and 14th Street only 3 blocks away.

If you are not use to the sounds of the city- do not stay here. You can hear the hustle and bustle of city life day and night.

The shower curtain could have been longer; caused some daily wetness in the bathroom. Front desk help was great for directions and getting a cab to the airport.
I would TOTALLY stay here again. Its been open for 6 months and taking all feedback into consideration for making it a better place, gotta love that!

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the hall are attached to BOTH STREETS and are much noisier. Contact the administration before you arrive.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple